Is there a way to get shipping charges taken out of my pending money instead of bank accnt

Is there a way to get shipping charges taken out of my pending money instead of my bank account? I know one of these times it's gonna bounce from my banks end. I don't understand why they wouldn't automatically do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I have mine put on a credit card in order to avoid the problem you mention, but I too don't see why eBay can't deduct the postage before sending the payout. "We charged your credit card because you didn't have enough in your eBay account". Duh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

They take shipping funds from my eBay funds unless the money has already been deposited.

This used to drive me crazy also at the beginning of Managed Payments but I've found payouts are processed much more quickly now (then at the beginning) so it's not quite as bad. For myself I have my payouts set for "Daily", I find that the money is usually in my account within a couple of days - one day to be processed and one to actually be in my account. For my postage/labels I use Shippo, they are connected to the eBay site so your item/sale info is carried over automatically and they invoice/charge you every 7 days or $100 in postage whichever comes first. This has worked for me.

I haven't used eBay labels for a long while now but I thought they were supposed to take funds from processing amounts. 

@mommykins41 wrote:

Is there a way to get shipping charges taken out of my pending money instead of my bank account? I know one of these times it's gonna bounce from my banks end. I don't understand why they wouldn't automatically do this?

@aramatic 

When MP was first announced as part of the info released at the time eBay shipping WOULD be removed from pending funds. This has not always happened for everyone. It's similar to promoted fees, store fees & listing upgrades(if you use). Shipping(CP/FedEx) seems to be removed based on some sort of imaginary schedule. All you can do is tinker with your scheduled payout date and cross fingers(You can also keep a large balance in your bank account to be on safe side if that is your backup). As suggested you can use a CC as safety go to. Until a seller is able to hold a balance(MP) this will be a problem especially in cases where you happen to have a random INR or NAD and funds get put on hold until those situations are resolved.

-Lotz