A two year old issue

10-Apr-2020 someone paid for something I had listed on eBay.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 2:50 PM he requested I ship it to your address:

I then informed him of the shipping terms as I had it listed. "Local Pickup Only. Belleville Ontario area".

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 5:04 PM he then told me HE would arrange shipping via Canada Post, and asked for a pick-up location.

I gave him my work address.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 1:45 PM he thanked me for the address and confirmed he would contact Canada Post.

I told him I had packed the guitar up in bubble wrap and cardboard and had it at my work, waiting to be collected.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 6:59 PM
he thanked me.

This was the last I ever heard.

I left the guitar packed up, waiting to be collected. After eBay and PayPal both confirmed the sale was now finalized and closed, the guitar was still held at my place of work for around another year. All messages, listings etc. are only held on eBay for 6 months then deleted, so I couldn't contact him and I was not going to hold onto the item indefinitely, so I donated it to The Salvation Army.

He is now harassing me at my work, and claims I owe him the full price.

I guess what I'm asking is. Where do I stand legally? 

View Entire Topic

Many years ago I participated in a Antique Show in a small community near here.  On the Saturday a fellow purchased a Vintage Newspaper box  from  me for $200.00 and paid. He then asked me if I could hold it at my booth while he looked around and would come back for it when leaving. Not a problem but at the end of the day did not come back. The show was also held Sunday so did not think to much about it thinking he will be back. End of the Show Sunday he did not arrive. 

No idea who he was had never seen him before so brought it home  with me. The other folk there had never seen him before either. He had my card so thought he would get ahold of me but informed the Show Promoter and asked her to tell him that if he contacted it

Getting home put it storage  and it sat there for over 6 years

Cleaning up my storage Locker thought this is silly needed the room so first contacted a agency that regulated sales told them what occurred and what do I do? They told me if I wished to dispose or sell it again I could because of the amount of time.  A few months later brought it out again at a show and sold it for $100.00 more 

Flash forward 1 year later  did another show in a different area a guy approached me  I did not recognize him but said "Hi I'm here for the News Paper box"  Took me a few moments to figure out what was going on and said to him it has been over 7 years since you purchased this from me you said you were coming back that day a no show so stored it for 7 years then sold it again

I handed him back the money (apparently I did not have to by regulations but felt it was right to do I had also made more of a profit selling it again).   Got attitude from him big time claiming I had no right to but stopped him and said "What do you have in your hand?"  The original purchase price $250.00. Told him what I had been told and there was no way I was responsible to hold the item for that amount of time so this was over

He thought about it and said you are right and thanked me for the refund. No expalanation why he waited so long if it was me for that amount I would have called if I forgot and got ahold of the promoter this show was well promoted and the contact info was out there readily available

Strange deal but resolved finally  As he left he said I will see you again and deal with you again. Have not seen him since (honestly I am glad I have not)

weavers