Buyer posted neg feedback, claimed item partly functional, yet did not open INAD case, has pattern 4

He did not contact  prior to leaving the negative feedback, nor contacted ebay to open a case. I have not contacted him other than through  'reply to feedback received'

I checked the player prior to shipping to verify it's blu ray disc work-ability, which was OK.

He didn't list any box shipping damage, so I'm wondering...

I feel he did this out of spite, since he first  posted an offer for 40% the original value I asked for. In response, I asked for slightly higher price, he refused, then later  relented ....so that was 2 offers he made in total.

Samsung recently discontinued these players if that means anything, so he wanted to resell it possibly given a demand ( mine did not include a remote)

His recent feedback profile lists half negatives or neutrals ( left for sellers)....

In one negative, the seller said this buyer refused to return the 'fraud' item when requested, for refund

I feel he's abusing the feedback system......otherwise why  didn't he open a case(s)

n.b im aware some sellers refuse to send items to buyers with  alot of negatives left for others

any thoughts? thanks

View Entire Topic

n.b im aware some sellers refuse to send items to buyers with alot of negatives left for others

any thoughts? thanks

Refusal to send is not an option.

You did have an opportunity to refuse the sale and to add the entitled brat customer to your Blocked Bidder List.

You can also put an automatic Block on bidders who have Strikes for Unpaid Items.

One of the good things about Best Offers is that they give the seller a chance to look at the buyer's feedback, specifically FB Left for Others.

Don't you hate learning curves?

Two offers are fairly normal haggling, but his FB record.... ugh.

Some sales are not worth having.

You are probably stuck with the FB or the next 12 months, but phone Customer Support on Monday (because the US reps seem to have slightly more authority) and ask if it can be removed as being retaliation. Fingers crossed.

Show them the eBay Messages

On the other hand, FB is not part of eBay's assessment of your selling account. Your Response was calm and factual and makes you look helpful and professional.