CONT'D: Unsold Items in Sold Items List

In Feb I posted a concern about items that I have sold appearing in my Unsold Items list in My Ebay. Someone said that it's because I'm using Sell Similar to create new listings and I should be using Relist instead. I've since learned that this isn't the solution. One problem is that if I use Relist, the listing that I use to do this with will disappear (because I'm over-writing it) and I need it so that I can relist in future.

The more relevant problem is with the relisting of items, not the creation of new ones. An example: I list a vase. Its number ends with 376. It doesn't sell. I relist it. Whether I use Sell Similar or Relist, it's given a new number: 253. The number 253 listing sells. Because both the old and new listings have different numbers, the vase will now appear in two places in My Ebay: in the Unsold Items list as number 376, and in the Sold Items list as number 253. The only way you can make a sold item disappear from your Unsold Items list is to, under Status, choose "Not Relisted." Hope this helps someone. 

View Entire Topic

@lotzofuniquegoodies

I keep all my descriptions in a text file on my desktop. With the HTML coding attached.

Mostly I use it when another copy of that book title comes in, but they could be used to replace lost/out of time listings.

I have more recently started keeping photos in another file, because of the switch from dotCA to dotCA and dotCOM.

I use the Sell Your Item Form because TurboLister never bothered to make a Mac version, because most third party listers charge and I am very very cheap, and because I never understood why TL was useful.