Canada into the USA letter mail is extremely slow!! Tracked packet is not an option!

I never had issues sending lettermail into the USA from Canada. This last 2 months I have received numerous requests for refunds!! I havent had to do that in the last 15 years!!! My items are paper thin and only sell for $15-$20. So tracked packet is not an option. If I charge more I put myself right out of the market. I am based in Winnipeg, no chitchats, etc... What do you do? Please help! Im loosing money now!!  TYIA

View Entire Topic

You cannot ship merchandise via the letter post system to the USA it is illegal & you have to have a customs declaration on your package.

Customs declaration

Print this page

All mail containing merchandise must have a customs declaration form completed when sending the item to the U.S. or an international destination (see Completing customs documents).

The customs declaration is part of our shipping label and also includes the addressee and sender names and addresses.

It’s your responsibility to make sure you provide all customs documentation and item content information and certificates for the goods you ship.

You must also make sure that the documentation and information is complete, accurate, and legible. Failure to do so may cause us to return the item to the sender at your expense. It could also result in delays, non-delivery, voided guarantees, or fines or customs seizure in the international destination (if applicable).

If you "Sold" it on eBay it's "Goods" aka "merchandise" and is not "Letter Mail"

This is why Canada Post has a website that very clearly explains ALL the rules for Letter-Post to the USA...

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/letter-post/overview.page

Required customs documentation

Print this page

All services  

Online transactions

You can produce labels using Electronic Shipping Tools (EST) or a customer-developed or third-party shipping system. You must also complete a Customs Declaration CN22 or CN23, depending on the value of the item. 

At the post office (automated only)

The post offices RPS system prints an indicia and a barcoded label, which we use in combination with a 43-074-253 CN22 Customs Declaration for items with a declared value of less than CAN$500. For items with a declared value of over CAN$500, you must complete and affix Customs Declaration 43-074-172. 

Priority™ Worldwide

• Document
    • Priority Worldwide shipping label (43-074-277)
  • Non-document
    • Commercial Invoice or Invoice Declaration (33-081-002)

Xpresspost™ – USA

• Xpresspost - USA Shipping Label 43-074-281 
  • Xpresspost - USA shipping label 43-074-236 (includes the Customs Declaration) 

Xpresspost™ – International

• Xpresspost - International shipping label 43-074-244 (includes the Customs Declaration) 

Tracked Packet™ – USA, Tracked Packet™ – International, and Small Packet™

• 43-074-253 (includes the Customs Declaration - CN22). For items with a declared value of over CAN$500, you must also complete and affix a Customs Declaration - 43-074-172. 

Expedited Parcel™ – USA

• Expedited Parcel-USA shipping label – 43-074-243 (includes the Customs Declaration)

International Parcel (Air or Surface)

• International Parcel shipping label – 43-074-172 (includes the Customs Declaration)

Letter-post (includes letters, postcards, and Literature for the Blind)

• Documents of no monetary value 
    • No customs documentation required

The ONLY thing you can ship to the USA without customs documentation is Documents of no monetary value...