Sales tax will be charged on eBay fees.

Not the best thing charging sales tax but as said somewhere else inevitable. My question would be - I am an Ontario resident and taxes are 13%. What if I sell to a resident of another province where the sales tax rate is either higher or lower. Do I get charged based on that tax rate?  Or 13%?

Would like to know from eBay Canada about this.

I do think that charging a fee for shipping is absurd. It's hard enough selling with the rates to International without eBay taking another cut. 

Thanks

View Entire Topic

@nemesis_is wrote:

Not the best thing charging sales tax but as said somewhere else inevitable. My question would be - I am an Ontario resident and taxes are 13%. What if I sell to a resident of another province where the sales tax rate is either higher or lower. Do I get charged based on that tax rate?  Or 13%?

Would like to know from eBay Canada about this.

I do think that charging a fee for shipping is absurd. It's hard enough selling with the rates to International without eBay taking another cut. 

Thanks

i am thinking ebay better fix there act or loose sellers and buyers,either get rid of the shipping at 10 per cent,or cut the final value fees,and then tax all this,talk about get your cake and eat it too.