Shipping on Multiple Buy It Now Items

I can't find a clear answer on what to do, as a seller, about the problem of combined shipping on multiple Buy It Now (BIN) purchases. For example, someone buys three BIN items from me and the seller instantaneously makes three separate payments that are based on three separate invoices, each with its own shipping charge. What happens now? All I can find is confusing information on what buyers should do during the process of buying the item (e.g., using a shopping cart?), but buyers are not aware of these processes -- they simply 1) buy the items and then ask me how to fix the problem, or 2) write to me beforehand and ask me what to do. In either case, I don’t know what to tell them. What should I say to buyers in these two situations? Or what links can I give them to the correct ebay information? Thanks.

View Entire Topic

Thanks to everyone for their responses. You've given me a lot to think about. One thing I have to look in to is what happens when someone uses a BIN because I've never used it myself. (For example, I thought that your invoice was automatically immediately paid, with no time to address the combined shipping problem before paying.) Still lots to learn -- and I've been a member since 1999.  Sigh.