Item shown as delivered yet customer wants full refund..advice?

My customer paid for an item, and tracking details were added to the item. Now she is asking for a full refund, and says that the item was never delivered.  I had Canada Post do a tracking report for me, and the item is shown as delivered and signed for. How can I protect myself and yet maintain my ratings? I do not feel it is right nor fair for me to lose my product, my shipping costs, and also the item cost when the Post Office shows that she picked up the item. Any advice??

View Entire Topic

Stand firm.

Don't panic.

Give the customer the deliverly confirmation number, the date of delivery and the place of delivery (if it was the PO and not her doorstep). Politely add that the item was signed for. Suggest that she make further enquiries at her local PO, since their records do not support her belief.

Then ignore her.

If she starts an Item Not Recieved claim with Paypal/eBay, all you need to do is insert the DC number into the claim and it will end in your favour.

If the buyer leaves negative or neutral feedback mentioning a PP claim, you can have it removed. Until then you can add a Response. "DC# XXX XXXX XXXX, delivered Feb 2/14." would be calm and factual.

If the seller leaves positive feedback with a negative message you can either add a Response as above or have it removed.

Removal is better than ignoring it, since she may also have trashed your DSRs which are more important than feedback.

Any Response should make you look like a sane professional seller. Let her be the drooling anger monkey.

And of course, add her to your Blocked Bidder List.

And I think calling him that is an insult to the psychotic lowlife community.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds