Shipping in a Wii U box?

I try to use whatever boxes I have on hand to ship things since I find Canada Post's boxes too expensive. I've recently sold a bundle of Wii games and figured I'd ship them in a Wii U box since it's convenient and dare I say thematically appropriate. There aren't any previous shipping labels attached to the box, but it's rather colorful with pictures and Nintendo's logo all over it.

Am I allowed to ship it as is? Or should I wrap it up in Kraft paper first? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Still relatively new to selling on eBay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You are allowed to ship in almost any box (I once got a package sent in a Milkbone Dog treat box!) but I would suggest putting kraft paper around it to hide the fun/colourful Wii electronic items. While the buyer might like to see the box (and still would if it was under Kraft paper once it's opened), it could be sitting a while on the porch and those bright brand name electronics could catch the eye of someone it isn't meant for.

I say definitely cover it up!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

@bedarjusti wrote:

I try to use whatever boxes I have on hand to ship things since I find Canada Post's boxes too expensive. I've recently sold a bundle of Wii games and figured I'd ship them in a Wii U box since it's convenient and dare I say thematically appropriate. There aren't any previous shipping labels attached to the box, but it's rather colorful with pictures and Nintendo's logo all over it.

Am I allowed to ship it as is? Or should I wrap it up in Kraft paper first? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Still relatively new to selling on eBay.

If parcel is going internationally there is a possibility that customs could inspect. They don't always put the wrapping paper back on. Perfectly fine to wrap for Canada.

-Lotz

I find Canada Post's boxes too expensive.

They are but---- If you are shipping a book bundle nationally look into the comparitive prices of prepaid boxes and shipping labels.

https://store.canadapost-postescanada.ca/store-boutique/en/8/c/flat-rate-prepaid-products

Do you already have a Solutions for Small Business card?  It offers discounts on shipping labels.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business/shipping-discounts.page

When you have enough stock to make a Store subscription worthwhile (over 250 unique items) you will get a coupon quarterly for a discount on eBay branded boxes.

They are way too pricey without the coupon, but are a time is money saver with it.

Best wishes with your new enterprise.