With Managed Payments, how are fees made if buyer pays cash?

If a buyer is in the same city and wants local pick up I have been requesting cash on delivery since there is no way to track the item.   How would Ebay collect their fees in such a situation?   Is cash on delivery still an option under the Managed Payment Plan?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

@pmlinne wrote:

If a buyer is in the same city and wants local pick up I have been requesting cash on delivery since there is no way to track the item.   How would Ebay collect their fees in such a situation?   Is cash on delivery still an option under the Managed Payment Plan?

tyler@ebay 

As soon as the buyer chooses Pick Up as the option charges get billed accordingly (as per invoice sent to buyer) to your transaction detail. 2 transactions will display. One for the selling fees ( FVF's) + 1 for the .30 for fixed fee along with applicable taxes. You can mark the transaction as paid when buyer does pay but there is no way to mark as picked up and attach a date. Something for eBay to consider under tracking and service. Note: eBay charges tax on each line and rounds up....Not on the actual total.

If it's a promoted listing those fees will show up as a separate additional line(Not directly attached to the specific transaction)

-Lotz

Good question and I don't know the answer though someone else here may know. 

I posted your question on the US forum just in case the sellers here

haven't had to deal with that yet.  Many US sellers that have been on MP

for a year or more and they might know more about this type of situation.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Local-pick-up-question-with-MP/m-p/31907994#M1757701

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @pmlinne - 

I've been looking into this and while I'm not payments-trained and can't speak definitively to it, I believe I have an answer. 

If your buyer uses electronic checkout and pays online your fees would be removed automatically and your net proceeds would be added to your pending payouts. 

If your buyer chooses pay on pickup fees would be assessed when you indicate the item was picked up. 

I don't have much more than that, so if you have questions on that process still please request a callback from a payments-trained teammate so they can help you further. 

Thanks!