ship by letter mail

bb_8278
Community Member

I am looking to sell Single cards and have them shipped by letter mail but when trying to sell a card and create shipping label it only allows me to ship small packet when shipping internationally. Is there a way to ship via letter mail? Do not see option to fulfill order with letter mail please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Note that Letter Mail cannot be Delivery Confirmed, which is usually called tracking.

Most parcel rates do include tracking.

You have to decide how much risk you can afford. I send most of my orders as Free Shipping without tracking, but I wasn't born on a turnip truck, so Free Shipping may be a tracked service.

Those of us who use letter rates also use Cookie Jar Insurance, which is just putting a few pennies aside from each sale in a virtual Cookie Jar against the very occasional Dispute.
If we don't track, we will lose all Item Not Received disputes. Every one. So we refund out of the Cookie Jar and go on with our lives. Disputes are few enough that it's a small business expense not a heartbreaking end to the dream of financial independence.

The Cookie Jar also covers the moment you learn that you sold a red sweater and shipped a blue one.  Whether that refund includes sending return shipping and/or sending out the correct colour, we use the pennies in the Cookie Jar to cover the cost of our own foolish mistake.

Lettermail is not available online.

You can take them to the PO and the clerk will affix a label.

They even have preprinted labels, some of them very colourful , available singly or in booklets which you can buy and stick on at home. These are called "stamps" and have proven quite popular.

Seriously though, you can also buy stamps here on eBay, mint, never hinged, * and with some nice discounts.

*cough* Search Canada Postage

The current letter rate for up to 30 gr is 92c for 50gr is $1.30 domestically, and $1.30 and $1.94 to the USA.

*Meaning they have never been licked or used

Thought you meant sports cards, not Pokemon.

Given the higher value of your cards and the .... competitive.... demographic of your collectors, I would advise against using untracked shipping.

Without tracking you will lose any INR dispute, both refunding the money and losing the card.