BUYER BE WARE

jofun-93
Community Member
I have been a satisfied Ebay customer for several months now and I have never had an issue until now. I won a bid for a "used" SOTA NOW PLAYING action figure "the toxic avenger." I won the bid at the asking price of the seller. I am guessing this was no superficial to the seller as they refused my payment. Then the seller cancelled my order just to relist the same item in another bid for the original asking price. I am guessing the seller expected a higher price for the item then what they had listed it for. Just sheer greed if you ask me. I tried contacting the seller several times to complete our transaction but they never responded. Now they have "blocked" me so I can not bid on the item again or even send them a message. I won that item fair and square. I kept up to my end of the bargain now it is time that Ebay upholds and enforces their policies and makes the seller uphold their end of the bargain. I am a victim of fraud and I seek resolution. Unfortunately, there appears to be no way to officially contact Ebay customer service.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

There are two ways a Seller can end a transaction.

Your seller chose the stupid one.

In the short run, you can leave appropriate feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

"Paid $118 *on 25/11/20 Seller cancelled sale 26/11/20 Relisted 27/11/20Not happy" for example. This might warn off other buyers.

You can also Report the seller to Customer Service. That's at the bottom of this page "Help & Contact". You get a phone number and a PIN.

Or you can use Twitter or Facebook.

The reason is that the cancellation was probably done as "Buyer Request". Since you paid and since you did NOT request cancellation, this should have some effect on the seller's account.

It won't force the seller to ship to you, but he will get a Defect on his selling account. Defects can mean higher fees, restrictions to the number and value of listings, or even closed accounts.

This is more expensive than any financial loss he might take on the original sale.

This is not fraud, except for the Buyer Request part. Your payment was refunded in full.

You might find in future that it is useful to read not only the seller's FB, but his FB Left for Others.

With Fixed Price listings you can buy immediately and be confident that the seller will be happy with the price.

And of course, it's a manufactured thing, there are thousands of them out there and as Mrs. Carter says "I could have another you in a minute / Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute,"

* Or whatever. This will tell future customers what the figure was worth to another customer, and expose the seller's unreliability.

As @femmefan1946 said, keep your feedback factual. But I'm here to warn you that even factual FB may get deleted from a profile. I had a seller who had an auction for an item I won fair and square (I was the only bidder). They cancelled on me. Although eBay did make them pay by restricting their account, the FB i left on the seller's profile was deleted. I don't know for what reason or how but it happens. 

The best thing you can do after it's all over is to block the person and never have communication with them again. 

You're going to find a lot of bad sellers here on eBay. And when I mean bad I mean fraudsters, shysters, snake oil sellers, people who sell pirated goods, sellers with bad tempers who make threats and sellers who are just plain incompetent. If you find a good seller and they have a nice amount of revolving stock, I suggest patronizing their store by adding them to your favorites list.

Ask a Question