Global shipping program

humes04
Community Member

I'm in Canada and bid on  USA item. Global shipping program shows that duties and taxes are slightly higher than the current bid. (This is completely separate from the shipping charges). How much i.e., what percentage should the duties and taxes be on a new pair of pjs be coming into Canada?

much thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

humes04
Community Member

Yes, you'd think so but I saw that "Import charges:US $3.34  (estimated and based on current bid) " to Canada. This was more than the current bid of $3.04. This is impossible - it is supposed to be a percentage of the value.  

Since that time, however, I watched the bidding go up bit by bit, and the import charges stayed the same 'til the end (sold at $15 something).*Import charges are not based on where you are from. It is supposed to be the same for all of Canada.

Of course shipping charges change with location. Please read the question. I'm going to to do some hard googling to see if there is a duty and taxes chart published for various items.I am more sure now that import charges in the global shipping program are not based on the current bid as eBay says, but on some sort of inherent value for particular items. For eg., duty is dear on shoes because Canada wants to protect its French shoemaking industry. 

It depends on where you live and how much your PJs cost.

Ask a Question