LOGGING IN

Hi, in the past few weeks, even though the box is ticked to keep me logged in, every few days it's asking me to log in again.  I realize once in a while might be a safety measure, but it's never been like this before.  Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I've been having problems as well and this is occurring on the same day.   I am logged into my account and then when I want to move around the site ( eg.  from messages to selling),  I am being asked to sign in again.   This happens several times.   I contacted Ebay and they said they couldn't find anything wrong.    Happened again today.    I  don't check the box saying "keep me signed" in but would like to stay signed in until I decide to sign out.  Very annoying. 

Having to log in periodically is eBay's way to confirm that it is you, and not someone else that has gained access to your account.

There are many, many and many more people looking for ways to access your account...

Hackers are more capable now than ever before.....and that will give them access to more.

Things that they might access are your passwords if they are stored on your computer.  or on a site on the internet.

As sellers on eBay (or elsewhere) we must be very careful of our information.

Therefore.....

---- I do not store my passwords on my computer

---- I will not have my passwords stored on a site somewhere on the internet..

---- I work on my major computer with Windows 10,  and with  security programs 

----  My business and personal emails come in on a separate computer with that same security program  ....  where I do not access my everyday work.

---- Be careful of phishing emails.... If it is too good to be true... it is not true....

I am not on Facebook, twitter or anywhere else on the internet..  I keep my eBay  work separate from my personal contacts....  emails....

If someone asks me a question on eBay.....  it is signed with my eBay ID not my name.

There have been many times where I have been able to track a buyer on the internet... only to verify something with respect to their address.   I once had a strange address in New York City...  and eventually I was standing on the street and looking at where they lived.

We must always be careful... very careful of how we use the internet  and the information we place on the internet.....

We are being watched !!!

Ask a Question