Paypal Shipping labels and Canada Post shipping method and more

A couple of questions here.

1. I will be selling a number of items that fit in a 4x6 bubble mailer. I want to use the paypal shipping label via Canada post. I would like to get adhesive 4x6 shipping labels to make the process as easy as possible. 

Can I adjust the printout to fit on a 4x6 shipping label. Is there any easy way to do this or do I have to "fit" it by trial and error with the pdf file when printing - adjusting size and dimensions etc?

2. In your opinion what is the best way to send something that technically is letter post?

It can fit the parcel in the mail slot on my street box easily -what a time saver vs. going to the post office every day. Shipping costs if it was place it in the mailbox would be a couple of dollars. Vs. a tracked packet of $14. There is light packet or small - whatever it is called - but is that covered? It is only about $7 in fees.  The value of each item is $15-$25 - is it worth it to get the expensive shipping? Letds say 2% of people lie and say the package doesnt arrive when it did - maybe still worth the low shipping for higher sales

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hello,

I have shipped over 4000 items with Letter Post and only about 10 customers complained that they never got the item.  To me that is a very small price to pay considering that probably half of those 4000 customers would have never bought from me if the shipping was 5 or 6 times higher.

To qualify for letter post, an item should not exceed 2cm in thickness including the envelope and as long as it is under 500 grams.  To use paypal shipping, your only options would be regular, expedited and express parcel within Canada.  All of those options are extremely expensive compared to letter post.  Just buy some stamps and get the shipping rate pamphlet from any Canada Post office and keep it at your place so you can check for the exact postage.

As for using label sheets to print, I think it is an added expense and more work.  You can get a venture one card from Canada post (it's free to sign up) you can do it online.  Once you have that, you can order some supplies for free from Canada post including the adhesive clear pouches, then you can just cut the printed label and place it in the pouch, peel the back and stick it on the envelope.  It's easy, and free.  They also ship it to you for free.

I hope I answered your questions.

You can't use paypal shipping for letter post.

Ask a Question