Suspicious Seller

grspol0
Community Member

I have come across a seller page advertising an item that says it is located and ships from Canada but when I click on the sellers ID name it show the location in the United Kingdom. Furthermore the advertisement includes an address to click on and the seller explains this is due to the item being part of a quick sale. When I load that address my Bitdefender Antivirus For Mac shows a message for a 'Phishing' attempt.

It obviously looks like a scam Ebay page. Who should I report this to? Is there a way to contact the appropriate Ebay personnel by phone to bring this to their attention?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I would try Security Centre at the bottom of this page if there is not a Report Item link on the right side of the listing below the contact info box and above the description.

Right tyler@ebay ?

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @grspol0 - members located in the United Kingdom are required to list their business information within their listings (business name, address and contact info, etc). This wouldn't be a violation. 

Members are also allowed to include a link to their eBay store within their item description as well, but without seeing more detail I'm afraid I can't give much more context. 

If you'd like to submit the item for a review you can do so by using the 'Report Item' link to the right hand side of the description (on PC) or at the bottom of the page (if you're using the mobile app). 

Thanks!

Ask a Question