To clarify my understanding of a non paying bidder, is it correct that the e bayer that does not pay

Is this understanding correct about non paying bidders. E Bay administration marks them as a non paying bidder and we can block them from bidding on our listings and that is how we protect ourselves from them. The information is not available to the general e bay population? I recently went thru an ordeal with a non paying bidder that then left abusive messages and extremely negative feedback on my account.. The non paying bidder was able to leave me negative feedback even though they had not paid for the item nor made the $500 deposit. It took me four hours to get E Bay to remove the feedback. During the exchange of messages between the non paying bidder and myself he admitted he was thirteen years old. I see this E Bay account is still open and I am more than a bit surprised. at this turn of events. I have been an e bayer in good standing since 2001, my fees were over $200 that month and the non paying bidder might have been $10. I wonder if e bay should develop a more equitable and protective policy around this subject? In life I do believe in second chances but I think there are times when more drastic actions are required, like canceling that account. Just wondering if any one has had a similar experience.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

E Bay administration marks them as a non paying bidder and we can block them from bidding on our listings and that is how we protect ourselves from them.

Yes, you can put an unwanted member on your personal Blocked Bidder List.

Yes, if a bidder loses an Unpaid Item Dispute, he gets a Strike. Members can put an automatic Block on bidders with two or more Strikes within 12 months.

EBay will end the account of a member with "too many" UID Strikes, but they are cagey about how many is too many. They don't want to tell the deadbeats how many chances they have.

There are a few other Blocks you can use. Blocking countries is common. Blocking buyers with no active Paypal account is another, though that is less popular because it blocks enthusiastic newbies who have not yet set up their PP accounts.

Ask a Question