how to block a member from sending me messages

I have a buyer that is Harassing me. They keep sending me unwanted messages, I already blocked them from bidding. How do I block them from sending messages. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

@boucock 

Usually it is best to start your own thread rather than adding to very old posts (this one was from 2015).

However, your best weapon is your Delete button.

You know the name/ID of your harrasser.

When you see it, delete the Message.

When you see it, delete the email.

DELETE

DELETE

DELETE

If there was a specific problem he was upset about, you could share it here and get advice from the usual bunch of busybodies experienced members.

Unfortunately, if there has been a transaction, eBay does not have a way of stopping communication between the buyer and seller.

DELETE

DELETE

DELETE

You are not required to read or even open any Message.

Just hit Delete.

But the Innappropriate Button may be more effective as suggested.

boucock
Community Member
How do I block members who harrass

reallynicestamps is correct.

You aren't obligated to read any of them if you don't want to.

If the problem bidder-specific harassing messages are merely annoying and of the nuisance variety like: 'You got any more of those? I'm looking for 28 of those but only if 27 come free' and 'How come you're asking six bucks for that? I'll give you three cents' and 'That water is too wet; you got any that's drier?'' then feel free to roll your eyes and move on.

If the messages are more like, 'I know where you live and I'm coming to get you' then it's in your best interests to report them to the powers-that-be. 

Although..... I've always been tempted to check that little box at the bottom of the reply and post the really dumb questions on the listing itself.... but with the buyer's ID noted. That would get me in trouble, however.

If you set up a formal Q & A under Manage Communications with Buyers, you might get fewer random and/or dumb questions. I finally did but I can't see that it's made much if any difference. I like answering questions too. So, there's that as well. 

I hear you.

At the bottom of each message, there is a section that says you can Report An Inappropriate email. (You have to be on your desktop or looking at Messages in a web browser to see it.) It will lead you to an online form. Choose the reason and report each message. 

Blocked bidders are supposed to be blocked from being able to send you messages but sometimes they simply are NOT and I don't know the reason for it. 

If it persists or starts to get really weird, you'll have to take it a step further and call ebay Customer Service.

Otherwise, ignore the person as best you can but be wary of brand-new bidders who've created new accounts to circumvent your block. 

Good luck as you carry forward.

Ask a Question