Question thread: Running your Business

tyler@ebay
Community Member

The 2022 Winter Seller Update is split into three sections:

Running your Business

• Updates to Feedback
  • Updates to fee credits and Below Standard fees
  • New messaging experience

You can read more about these changes by clicking the topic links above, and please leave your questions below. I will be working across both .ca and .com today, so replies are going to be limited, but I will make sure that questions are addressed. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

We're excited to announce that starting March 1, 2022, eBay will refund the entire final value fee, including the $0.30 per-order fee, when you approve a buyer’s cancellation request.

Tyler,  Will this .30 be refunded when:

1 - anytime we use the cancellation reason as  'buyer requested' ?

2 - when the buyer requests a cancellation through messages?

OR

3 - just when the buyer 'officially' requests a cancellation within an hour after purchase?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

We're excited to announce that starting March 1, 2022, eBay will refund the entire final value fee, including the $0.30 per-order fee, when you approve a buyer’s cancellation request.

Tyler,  Will this .30 be refunded when:

1 - anytime we use the cancellation reason as  'buyer requested' ?

2 - when the buyer requests a cancellation through messages?

OR

3 - just when the buyer 'officially' requests a cancellation within an hour after purchase?

Great question @pjcdn2005 - based on the wording I believe it is scenario 3 in your post. I am checking to get official clarification though. 

--edit to add--

I found this in an FAQ page for .com, "As long as you approve the buyer’s cancellation request, we will credit you the fee."

Which lends more support for scenario 3 (still waiting on official confirmation though)

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Confirmed @pjcdn2005  - this credit will only be in situations where a buyer is able to request a cancellation of the seller within the specified time frame after purchase (currently 1 hour).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Wow,  a whole hour? So if the buyer is nowehere near their computer or phone, eBay shafts me, the seller. Why do I not find that surprising? Fees, fees and more fees. Fees on eBay used to be reasonable, but for a smll-time seller, eBay is making it impossible to make any money. I sold a $1.00 hockey card to a guy in the U.S. After fees on the card, the shipping (which has nothiong to do with the value of the card), and the taxes (it's completely immoral to charge me for taxes paid to a U.S. state government when those taxes have nothing to do with me in Canada), and then the 30¢ per order fee, my net after I bought envelope and paid for the postage and got dinged for further taxes on my FVF, was about 7¢. And now I have to rely on the BUYER requesting cancellation an HOUR after payment to benefit from this rebate? Absolutely ridiculous, but absolutely not surprising.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply