.10 to list on ebay UK Well worth it

Hi all i was just wanting to say the UK has really been active for me

in regards to sales, try it out on a few listings.

anyone else notice the increase ?

Will my store show all my items or only the ones i select for the sale in the UK when someone from the UK

views my item in my store?

ok thanks

B+

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do get lots of UK buyers even I didn't pay for 10 cents to list on eBay UK as I knew many buyers are more wiser by log in on eBay.com and found my site each time.  So for me, it is not worth paying 10 cents which when UK buyers knew to log in on eBay.com or even on eBay.ca.

It is just eBay is hoping that we would be that "navie & stupid" to pay 10 cents to list on eBay UK, eBay is just out for getting more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from sellers, so no thanks to eBay. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have also been seeing an uptick in UK buyers (and Canadian buyers as well), I have never and will never pay the additional fee.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I pay the additional $0.10 on occasion, on an item I think may appeal to Brits within a category.  I figure I get a whole store-full of free exposure out of the one expenditure.

To answer the OP's other question, because you have a store with categories listed at left, when your UK buyers click on an item they'll see that list and may access it.  I use Auctiva and activate their scrolling gallery which gives me double the exposure for the same $0.10 because it floats above every listing. 

So yes, for about $0.10 or $0.20 per month I can sometimes get a few sales to the UK -- that exposure does make a difference for me.  When I don't pay for the UK listing, I rarely get a UK sale. For me it primarily depends on what I think I can sell (and ship!) to the UK, and what would be of particular interest to UK buyers.  I've found that not every item is worth trying to sell outside the US and Canada. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply