100% FEEDBACK & FREE SHIPPING & GOOD DSR WILL NOT RAISE YR LISTING SEARCH

This is just one example how Best Match Works:

Item 310088736821 has 7 hours to go, seller has 100% satisfaction rating, he offers FREE SHIPPING, has good DSR rating and still his listings appear on the bottom of the list on page 134 under Swarovski: Decorative Collectibles.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Feedback is not and has never been a factor in search placement.

DSRs are not a factor in search placement on .ca

They are only a minor factor on .com. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Then what if the factor?

And if feedback rating and DSR are not factors, then how is eBay rewarding their best sellers? Didn't they say that sellers with good rating & free shipping will receive higher exposure on search?

Is eBay out to put itself out of business or just its sellers?

Who is going to use PayPal if there will be no more eBay sellers?
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
There are a number of factor's that affect placement as much or more than DSR rankings. I'll put together a thread.

Monique

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Then what if the factor?

That is the question!!!!!!

Is eBay out to put itself out of business or just its sellers?

I just read an article by The Associated Press in the local newspaper that eBay is eliminating 1600 from their staff worldwide (10% of their work force)....their "largest round of dismissals ever".

What will happen to seller "support" now?

There are a number of factor's that affect placement as much or more than DSR rankings. I'll put together a thread.

Thanks Monique. I will be watching for it.

Judy
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

"then how is eBay rewarding their best sellers? "

Rebates on FVF .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Want to know how Best Match works?

http://www.auctioninsights.info/decoding-ebays-best-match.html .
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

http://www.auctioninsights.info/ebays-best-match-made-simple.html .
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

"Quoted in the New York Times Technology Blog, John Donahoe made it clear that shipping and handling fees and shipping methods influence a listing’s ranking in the Best Match search results. He said:

“Sellers that provide reasonable and fast shipping, even free shipping, will rise to the top.”

Is it safe to say that Johnny boy lied? The seller of item 310088736821 had three items ending in 7 hours, all at the very end of the list. All three offered FREE shipping.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

"Donahoe made it clear that shipping and handling fees and shipping methods influence a listing’s ranking in the Best Match search results"

A few factors among many; not the only factors, not even determinant factors. Time remaining always remain the most important single factor.

Please read the links posted earlier. They make a decent attempt to explain the basics of best Match (on .com).

eBay.ca has different criteria. .
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"had three items ending in 7 hours, all at the very end of the list. "

Now, this is the way the list was arranged for you.

Another viewer, from a different location, with different purchasing/bidding/viewing habits, will see totally different results. That is what Best Match is about. It is based on the buyers needs - not sellers. .
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Pierre, they were NOT MY LISTINGS! It was someone else's. You could say I looked at it from a Purchaser's point of view.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Donahoe's exact words were:

“Sellers that provide reasonable and fast shipping, even free shipping, will rise to the top.”
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

"they were NOT MY LISTINGS"

I understand. If I were to look for those listings, I may find different results in Search than you did. While I do not understanmd all the logic behind Best Match, I noticed the different results achieved in Search by different viewers using the same criteria.

Best Match is based in large part to buyer's previous experiences and searches on eBay, in addition to known listing factors such as time remaining, seller's DSRs (on .com), shipping charge, etc.... plus whatever else eBay will not tell us.

We know for example on eBay.ca, location in Canada takes priority. .
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Makes no difference how we hash it Pierre, my business is down and has been all this year. I no longer care because I realize there is nothing I can do to change it. The ball is in eBay's court and until they change the game, I will be on the loosing end.

Thank You for trying to help. I appreciate your efforts.

J
Message 15 of 15
latest reply