13% of Canadians believe Prime Minister Harper is telling the truth

Just 13 per cent of Canadians believe Prime Minister Stephen Harper is telling the truth when he says he had no knowledge of Nigel Wright’s $90,000-bailout of Sen. Mike Duffy, according to a new poll.

The CTV News Ipsos Reid poll also found that 44 per cent were “not sure whether or not the prime minister had any knowledge of the monetary gift made by Mr. Wright at the time,” and 42 per cent said they are “convinced that the prime minister would have known about the monetary gift by Mr. Wright at the time.”

In a sign of how politically damaging the scandal could be, the survey also found that 66 per cent of respondents considered the involvement of the Prime Minister’s Office a “serious ethical breach.”

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/ctv-poll-13-believe-harper-didn-t-know-about-90k-bailout-for-mike-duf... 

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

As bad as this is - and even considering that it may even be much worse than it sounds - the fact remains that only about 12% of people ever voted for Harper in the first place.

That aside, one needs to be far more critical of this government.

Given the trend of massive voter fraud, contempt of Parliament, widespread bribery and secret spending of $$ billions, combined with Harper's micro-managing control freak mode of operation, they need to add more choices to the questionnaire.

It should read:

i) Harper didn't know about the $90,000 payment to Duffy (:^O)

ii) Harper did know about it

add two more choices:

iii) Harper planned the whole thing

iv) Harper planned the whole thing and promised Nigel Wright the moon to take the fall 

Then there is also the strong possibility that Harper masterminded and signed off on of the above, including voter fraud and $ billions in hidden pay-offs under the guise of "security".

Message 2 of 63
latest reply

"Then there is also the strong possibility that Harper..."

There is another possibility.  Think about it.  The blame belongs to the Liberals. Who else? 🙂

It is a conspiracy of the left wing, the CBC, the tree huggers, etc.,.. to make the PM look bad.  Shame on them.

Message 3 of 63
latest reply

FIRST for someone that gets picky about titles!!

13% of THOSES POLLED!! i am Canadian and was NEVER asked what I think!

SECOND--what EXACTLY was the question asked?

I can make any poll look the way I want it too just by the wording of the question!

Message 4 of 63
latest reply

We know, we understand, you are among the 13% who believe in the PM. 

Message 5 of 63
latest reply

how would anybody know I WAS NEVER ASKED!!!

would you rather i beat the snot out of your wife or eat cow dung??

WOW--100% of Canadians prefer cow dung!

would you rather dye of HIV or Cancer?

60% of Canadian would not mind dying of cancer!

they surveyed 1009 canadians out of 35,168,886---thats a WHOOPING .00002869% OF THE POPULATION!!

and yet ALL Canadians believe this????????? Ya right

Thought there was a new rule that ANY poles put out MUST include the questions and how they were asked??

Message 6 of 63
latest reply

Your link shows.......the reporter wearing a hijab.....a Quebec man in a park.....and an elderly man. No credit will be given to any credit to any of them. He will however believe the professor (of something) because he is considered the only 'intelligent' person because he is a professor (of something). The woman on the street will also be believed....but of course based on her disinterest in what goes on in her government, if she was an American, Nixon would have stayed in office. Who cares about government corruption, lies and deceit......I'm doing what is most important....shopping.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 63
latest reply

where was the poll done??? downtown toronto?? Vancouver??

a poll will be very different depending on where it is done.

1 can go into a liberal poll and find that the majority support Trudeau, I can then go into an NDP poll where everyone thinks Mulcair is god.

next question? and only because you brought up the hijab! is she a Canadian with voting rights?? how many of these people even bother to vote??

Message 9 of 63
latest reply

"these people"

???

Define "these people"

Message 10 of 63
latest reply

"where was the poll done???'

The national poll was conducted by Ipsos Reid.

Message 11 of 63
latest reply

"These people". Kind of revealing. B-)

Photobucket
Message 12 of 63
latest reply

"You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Message 13 of 63
latest reply

valve37
Community Member

So many assumptions here w/o any proof. I suppose assumptions make for great thread talk though.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 14 of 63
latest reply

So many assumptions here w/o any proof.

There are assumptions and then their is..... logic. I'll explain with a well known story as an example....Watergate. Started off as a simple burglary. Then people said things....no proof. Accusations were made.....no proof. However logic prevailed to look deeper and based on the person in question the 'logic' was,...... well,........ logical. The rest is....... history........as will be Harper.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 63
latest reply

iv) Harper planned the whole thing and promised Nigel Wright the moon to take the fall 

Uhhh, this would be the one I'd place bets on. 

What some cub reporter needs to do is make his or her career by following the money... sniff around Nigel Wright's comings and goings for the next few months and see if he suddenly buys a nice estate on Vancouver Island or opens a few Swiss bank accounts, buys a few new cars and boats, Armani suits, etc. etc. etc.

Time will have all this out...

Message 16 of 63
latest reply

So many assumptions here w/o any proof. I suppose assumptions make for great thread talk though.

We know for a fact who Nigel Wright's one and only boss was - and where the buck stops for Nigel Wright's actions.

If Wright operated completed on his own without Harper's knowledge (:^O) as Valve and possibly others may want to believe - there is another irrefutable fact which is:  Even if operating independently so as to protect Harper, Wright must have acted within a set of parameters that were approved by Harper (i.e. - "do whatever you need to do" or "do whatever you need to do except..." etc.)

Message 17 of 63
latest reply

Wright was Harper's chief of staff. That's 'chief'............not some underling way down on the ladder of importance. To think that he would just out of nowhere give a guy 90,000 and not discuss it with his boss.........is tooooooooooooooooooooooooo farfetched.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 63
latest reply

where was the poll done??? downtown toronto?? Vancouver??

So maybe the 13% is not representative.  But based on the statistical margin of error, it might be 10% or it might be 16%.  Even if we hedged our bets and said 25% - that means that 75% believe Harper is a liar.

Message 19 of 63
latest reply

What some cub reporter needs to do is make his or her career by following the money... sniff around Nigel Wright's comings and goings for the next few months and see if he suddenly buys a nice estate on Vancouver Island or opens a few Swiss bank accounts, buys a few new cars and boats, Armani suits, etc. etc. etc.

More likely, he will show up on the board of directors of a few large corporations or even be employed by one, outright.

Message 20 of 63
latest reply