1st sale by me : provide local pickup only

soy1205
Community Member

First sale to me.  I provide local pickup only.  However, a buyer paid me but requesting me to ship to him.  I replied saying a shipping charge has to be paid by him extra. I didnt receive any response from him up to the moment of writing.  What should I do ? Full refund to him ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Take your time.

Your buyer may not be hanging over the keyboard the way we sellers do.

If you don't get a 'yes or no' response by Sunday, bill him for the appropriate shipping cost. You can do this through Paypal's Send Money.

Don't forget the cost of packaging. And make sure the item is shipped with Delivery Confirmation/tracking.

If he does not pay, refund the original payment.

Then Block the bidder.

Now you can relist.

BTW, it is a Best Practice to take ONLY cash for pickup. The buyer can then inspect the product before paying you, so he knows what he is getting. And you don't pay PP fees.

PP demands that you be able to prove delivery electronically. For local pickup this is not feasible.

You manually mark the item paid and shipped in a local pickup.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Given than cellphones and accessories are among the most fraudulent transactions on eBay, your 'buyer' is probably a scammer.

If you can cancel unilaterally RIGHT NOW, do so. And refund his money promptly.

Be aware that you may get negative feedback which will poison this ID. Worth not losing your item and your money.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply