3 Tier Shipping Charges Question

I want to set up seperate S&H for Canada, USA, and International. When I set up a Custom location, USA, the International charges also show in the Description page. When the buyer selects one item to ship to the USA, the charges are correct, $3.00. When they select multiple items, the first item charges at the International rate, $5.00 and all additional items are $1.00, which is correct. Anyone know the solution to this problem?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Your rates to the US show as $3 and $5 because the US is included in international locations. The calculator seems to handle that alright with one item but gets confused where more than one is sold. (To see the 2 rates for the US go to item 160565379383, click on shipping, change country to united states, click on see rates)

To get around that, I specify that I ship worldwide overall but I have one international shipping price  to the U.S. and one price for specific locations (Europe, Australia, Japan, UK) rather than to one "worldwide" location.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

"Anyone know the solution to this problem?"

It depends if you list on eBay.ca or eBay.com.  The solution is DIFFERENT depending on the site you list on.

If listing on eBay.ca you need to select

Shipping to Canada with a service and rate to Canada

In the international section, select shipping to the USA with a service and rate to the USA

Then make a second selection for international shipping with shipping worldwide but showing rates for ALL except Canada and the USA.

That will solve the problem.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That didn't work either. Thanks Pierre...

At least the shipping info is not clearing out when I revise or sell similar... half the time!!!

I see I will need to learn your patience Pierre. 🙂

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What didn't work?

Most of your listings still have US shipping showing as light packet international and light packet USA instead of just light packet USA.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

So far I have had to set up Canada as one level, USA, N and S America, and Mexico as a second level, and Germany, France, Europe, etc etc as the third level. Alot of clicking on check boxes, but it is working better now. I will have to eat the postage difference for sales to non-US American destinations.

New problem is it all clears out when I click sell similar and need to re-enter it all again.

Thanks for all your help. I am learning to lower my expectations of ebay yet still be charged more fees for those lower expectations!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

New problem is it all clears out when I click sell similar and need to re-enter it all again.

Even though the checks disappear when you sell similar, relist or revise, the correct shipping will show up even if you don't check them off again. It's a glitch that ebay knows about and is hopefully fixing.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I just tried revising a listing and if I leave the boxes un-checked the third tier defaults to Worldwide and I get two shipping fees to the USA again. It's a pain to check every time, but ay least it works...thanks

Message 8 of 8
latest reply