99 cent BIN listings

Did I miss an announcement that it now possible again to list for 99 cents?

Bernie
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

99 cent BIN listings

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Bernie,

PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Where are you seeing these?

I remember having to change more than 400 listings because of this silly rule!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

He has several like this. I am not complaining about our colleague; just interested to find out how he managed to get those listings up.

Bernie
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

99 cents is!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/starting_price.html

Bernie
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Bernie,

Dutch auctions are the only kind of listings that are allowed to start at .99.

I looked at this seller's listings...3 are Fixed Price and 9 are auctions and they aren't Dutch Auctions.

He's in violation.

I would love to know how he managed to get them listed.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

momoftwingles2
Community Member
And on this page it says the following:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

**Fixed Price listings and the Buy it Now feature have a minimum price of $1.00. Multiple Item Auction (Dutch Auction) listings have a minimum price of $0.99.

I don't think one hand knows what the other hand is doing!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Bernie,

I just called gold PS support. They said that the FIXED PRICED listings are in violation. HOWEVER, any kind of auction is allowed to start at 1 cent to 99 cents so long as they are an auction....NOT FIXED PRICE.

They don't know how any one could get a FP listing to go through at 99 cents. So maybe your competitor has some inside knowledge that he might like sharing with you or all of us!

Susan
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

I am the one that pretty well coached the competitor on how to properly set up listings lol!

By the same token, Susan, I am correct in stating that one can have BIN for 99 cents.

I just successfully revised a listing to 99 cents. When I tried to re-revise to 98 cents I got an error message stating that I had to have a price of 99 cents or more.

So, 99 cents is is 🙂

Bernie
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

The advertiser of 150331715425 may be in several violations.

One of them is that his listing interferes with the eBay interface:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/everyone-interference.html
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

Roman,

I know that this seller has a few thing in his listings which violate eBay policy (one of which I don't even know how he does it) but this discussion was solely about being able to generate 99 cent listings, which I believed were no longer possible.

Bernie
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Bernie,

99 cent FIXED PRICED LISTINGS...are a violation. The rep was very specific about that. She said that you may have DUTCH AUCTIONS or REGULAR AUCTIONS that are 1-99 cents...but NOT FIXED. They have not reverted back to the old rules.

And, please know...I did not mention the seller's ID when chatting with PS support. I figure what they don't know won't hurt them!

I wish they would! But they haven't! Just don't go getting any violations over a couple of pennies!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

Thanks for not mentioning the seller's ID.

I actually phoned PS gold support as well and was told that, yes, 99 cent BIN listings are allowed.

Every time I phone support I also ask the following question "Is it permissible to have a phone # and email address in the listing" and keep track of the replies. Following are the results so far:

Yes, both are allowed (2)
Only tel. # is allowed (4)
Only email is allowed (7)
None is allowed (1)

So, the correct answer is?

Also have been told 2x so far that we cannot state that we accept cheques when listing on .ca.

Support is often horribly lacking in knowledge.

What trips me up is that I can revise a real BIN listing to 99 cents but not to 98 cents.

Why would the system even allow a BIN 98 cent listing if it were not allowed? A simple programming step would eliminate this.

Bernie
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

An having said all this, you are probably right Susan:

To list in a fixed price format, you must meet certain Feedback requirements and be selling the item for at least $1.00.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

faerywishes
Community Member
Well now I am stumped as well. I just put several items that were BIN at $1.99 on sale for 50% off. I really figured the program would round up 1/2 cent. Well it just would not accept it, it kept telling me I was in eBay violation as listings could not be less than $1.00. So I went and changed the Fixed Price to $2.00 on all those and then it would accept it.

I have always been able to start my auctions at $0.99 and not once had a problem. Why anyone would want to start an auction at a penny I just can't fathom that at all. And amazingly enough many of these orders never arrive. And also funny enough when I email the seller 3 weeks later to let them know I haven't received the package I get an instant credit. Go figure!!

Have a Good Night
Colleen
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

faerywishes
Community Member
Hiya Susan
I was going to email one of these sellers items but I'll do it here. Check this out 270360452399 and then go and check all their listings. This is unbelievable!!! How can they allow someone to just walk right in and start all these auctions at these prices and no pictures! I don't think anyone will bid but you never know with a newbie. It just looks fishy to me.

Sion wanted to get an eBay name so he could sell some of his computer games, video, dvd's & cd's.

He has never had an account on here and was able to open one without a credit card, bank acct or any verification. Although it might be a bit different when he starts to sell. But I really expected it to be a lot harder to get an account. A friend at work just opened an account in here to make purchases only and she had to have a verifying phone call.

It was the same with my daughter a couple of months ago she had the verifying phone call. She had previously had an eBay account and closed it as she was spending too much. She has excellent credit and there were no issues when she closed the account.

So there seems to be glitches in that procedure as well. But check that other seller out when you have a couple of minutes.

Bye again!
Colleen
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

99 cent BIN listings

Seems like pretty expensive stickers if you ask me but then again scrapbooking has alot of followers.
Message 16 of 16
latest reply