ANYONE USE PHOTOBUCKET TO UPLOAD PHOTOS??

katiusciav
Community Member
a friend of mine was telling me that you can use photobucket to upload your pics on ebay? does anyone use it???
Kat
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Yes - we use it as our backup photo depot incase our primary site has problems.

Very good site - inexpensive and very easy to use.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

eureka9988
Community Member
I use Photobucket explicitly. I find it great.
Renee
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You should review Sparedollar too - lots and lots of features including image hosting.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
thanks...so is photobucket free? in other words, apparantly, if you insert 12 pics onto your auction page, you only get charged for one? i'm just now going through the 'technical' stages of learning how to use photobucket, and i can't figure out why its only letting me upload one photo under self hosting??
Kat
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hello Kat,

You can join Photobucket for free and get 1 GB of space. Since eBay does not host the photos you don't pay the 15 cents per picture. You do have to pay for gallery. If using turbolister, on the "Pictures and Description" bar click "+ Custom" and then self hosted pictures. When you click "CLICK TO INSERT A PICTURE" a window will open up and allow you to insert up to 12 pics. Copy the link(s) from Photobucket and paste...its that simple. I use a custom template and add my photos from the template page.

Nora

Trinkets in Time
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Hello again,

Another great benefit you can supersize your pictures for free. 😄 Upload your pictures using the "Message Board" option.

Nora

Trinkets in Time
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
hi nora...thanks, but i still can't figure it out...i don't have turbolister:-(..but i'll keep fiddling around with it, and will just ask ebay technical live help i guess if all doesn't work in the end...
Kat
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Kat,

Once you have your pics loaded into photobucket you can insert your photos into the description of your auction with HTML like the following (reverse the >< on the ends):

>img src="http://PhotobucketAddress.com/yourUserName/YourImageName.JPG"<

Is that what you're having trouble with?
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
Hi ann;
i wasn't really trying to add pics in my description part, but in the actual 'picture' part...for some reason it was only letting me enter one pic...in any case...i lost patience! i just signed up for picture manager with ebay, and am paying the 9.99/month for unlimited pics...i can't believe i listed all these months without it, and paid .15 per pic! i'm going to save lots of money this way, and when i have more time, i'm going to keep working on the photobucket, when i figure it out, and am comfortable using it, i'll probably switch to that to save even more. like anything, changing programs is kind of hard at first, but if it means saving good money, then so be it...thanks for trying to help me, i'm going to come back to your post when i start trying to figure it out again, but for now, i'm in a rush getting my listings in before i go away on vacation!!
Kat
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Switched to photobucket for photos 18 months ago. Saves me about 100 dollars a month. I find it loads painfully slow.(5 mins per photo) I would not recommend it to anyone in a hurry who has an older computer.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
I find it loads painfully slow.

this is a real factor for me in determining whether or not i'll use a particular site...if its too slow, forget it...although i am finding photomanager through ebay a bit slower, not too bad, worth the money saved, but if its real slow, see ya! time is money!
Kat
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I find it loads painfully slow.(5 mins per photo)

Wow! I load about 20 photos in approx. 3-4 minutes. I pay $25.00 a year so I don't have the advertising to deal with...it slows down the uploading process.

Nora

Trinkets in Time
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

palmrepairs
Community Member
Great site and you can sign up for more than one account at no cost so it is a excellent deal.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply