AS OF TODAY I QUALIFIED FOR THE 20% DISCOUNT - KISS

I can not believe it,

I have been struggling with my DSR since the begin of JUNE where my shipping and handling DSR plummented to to 4.3.

I started early in March trying to educate my customers about the DSR where I included a explanation on company letterhead, a nice thank you note, emailed my buyers, etc, etc.

I threw in the towel at the end of June, and said NO MORE, I QUIT, it was affecting my health, and ebay wasn't fun anymore.

At the end of JUNE, I also stopped sending all the extra CRAP, the letterhead, the thank you notes, INSTEAD this is what I did.......

KISS - Keep it SIMPLE STUPID

1) Send my item within 24 hours
2) Here is the note I email to all my Buyers
Hi, tires will be in the mail tomorrow. Please remember this item is being sent from CANADA and NOT from the USA. Should get them around August 1st, give or take a couple days, Thanks Lore (or something like that)
3) I write a little thank you note on the packing slip.
4) Then I mail it.

I do not ask for feedback, that is in my write up
I do not explain the DSR anymore

I list my items, sell, pack, and send.

MY SALES HAVE GONE UP by about 500%

MY DSR went from 4.7 4.5 4.6 4.3
AS OF TODAY my 30 day DSR is 5.0 5.0 4.9 4.9

I decided I was not going to bend over and kiss my a$$ anymore, I went back to just providing the best service possible, and forget the extra paperwork.

I AM PROOF - use the KISS programme and see if it will work for you.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Well you lucky duck !
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

"eBay determines your discount level between the 23rd and 27th of each month before sending your invoice." .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Oh Well, missed it by a couple of days :^O. Just the fact that I could achieve that level is a miracle in itself, so I got 15% this month.

Way better than the 0% I got the month before ;-).

No biggie!!!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Looks like I'm not getting any discount this month. My DSR's qualify me but there's no note of any discount anywhere. I temporarily closed my store two weeks ago (am getting married!) so I guess my sales aren't high enough even though my PS requirements are way over minimum for the last 3 months.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Congrats cottonwoodindustries on getting your stats up. 😉

I think you might be onto something with KISS. But I also believe me taking the time to educate my buyers helped me immensely to get my shipping time dsr up to 4.63 from 4.3 in May. It might be that many of us have taken the time to educate as well maybe Ebay finally adding the prompt on the f/b page about international shipping that opened many buyers eyes.

But what ever works for any of us, great!

pierrelebel does it say on our dashboard now if we are going to get the discount for July? Also is it based on 12 month or 1 month?
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

FVF rebate for PowerSellers is based on DSRs of the last 30 days.

To confirm eligibility, click on your Seller Dashboard then on the "See how eBay calculates your discount" link .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Thanks Pierre for that info. I went there and yeahhhh!!! I earned the 5% discount. Don't mind me I'm just happy my hard work has paid off. It's not about the money obviously as it won't be much, but I am happy to earn it finally.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone!!
I'm off to do listing!
Colleen
Message 8 of 8
latest reply