..AT WHAT POINT AFTER A SALE DO YOU FILE NPD..?

katiusciav
Community Member
hi everyone, i sold a litho over a week ago (jan 21), and still haven't been paid..about four days ago, i received an email from the buyer stating she/he was having problems with their paypal account (or paying for this particular item at least), and would need to transfer money from their bank account into their paypal account first..which i said fine no problem..and we all know it usually takes about two business days for the transfer, as the buyer stated as well. well, nothing yet...i wouldn't be too worried, but its a nice sum of money...i sent another email this morning asking when they expect to complete the invoice..but no reply yet...
so, how long do you guys normally wait? i think i read in ebay's guidelines to wait about a week before asking again, and then i have to wait another week for them to reply..? or is that just a guideline?
ps buyer has 99.9% feeback with a score of over 1800-so i'm comforted a little there..

i don't know if i'm getting worried too soon..?:-(

any direction/advice would be greatly appreciated...:-)
Kat
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the buyer is communicating with me I am usually willing to wait, especially if they are having Paypal issues. A week is not a long time in this instance.

If the buyer has not responded at all, I file after 8 days.

Ann
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
thanks ann! i am the same way about if the buyer is communicating with me...its important as it shows they're not avoiding..i'm a collector at my part time job for 15 years now AND a landlord-so i know all about being owed money..!

i don't know if i can be as generous as eight days from now..as its already been a week...but i'll just see how it goes...why can't it be the little sales..why does it always have to be the nice big ones...

ps this board needs more smiley faces..they don't have the ones that usually reflect my attitude ie...rolling eyes..
Kat
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

" and we all know it usually takes about two business days for the transfer,"

My one and only time i transfered some funds from my chequing account into my Paypal account took 5 working days so perhaps thats part of the delay right there. Thankfully your buyer is communicating and as long as that remains, I would stay positive. If/when the communication ceases, perhaps then its time to file if still not paid

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
..actually..she emailed back a few hours after i emailed her this morning hoping to have her bank money transferred into her paypal within the next day or two..and now that i think about it..its true..it takes longer from your bank account going into your paypal account than it does for paypal going into your bank account..at least that's been my personal experience..
Kat
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Kat, you are pretty much answering your own question. Many sellers prefer to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt provided they are keeping communication lines open.

Many inexperienced buyers have problems sorting through Paypal and it is not uncommon that it takes them several days to get an initial payment made.

I apply for FVF refund only if the buyer stops answering emails or if they miss three of their own self-imposed deadlines.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
..yup..as long as they communicate with me..it makes me feel much better..although this buyer as i said is quite experienced...so when five days went by..i got a little nervous...my job, selling on ebay and being a landlord are all positions of waiting to be paid...i've seen and been through alot...so sometimes i get a little paranoid too quick..:O
Kat
Message 7 of 7
latest reply