About Shipping to the US & Insurance???

cc_connection
Community Member
Hi Everyone,

I just was wondering about shipping to the US, using small packet I understand it comes with $ 100 insurance but no tracking number so if a customer claims non-receipt, you file the insurance claim, but if they've received and didn't bother to tell you will you still be able to retrieve your money if you've already refunded the buyer?

I usually send everything expedited but its about $ 7 to $ 10 cheaper to send everything small packet but I know the no tracking number risk is huge especially with Paypal looming over everything.

How do most people send their items, I know a lot of people say if you don't pay for insurance and its lost or damaged its not their problem anymore but Paypal turns around and says too bad, so sad, and rips the money out of your hands so fast it could make your heart stop.

Anyway, I need to have everything insured because most my stuff is anywhere between $ 50 to $ 100 so the little extra for the insurance is necessary but its just seems amazing that for $ 8.95 for small packet or $ 13.75 for tracking seems somewhat ridoculous (sorry can't spell) especially when a US seller only needs to charge $ 4.00 for shipping the same item within the US and to Canada.

I was just wondering if I'm covered if the buyer pulls anything with non-receipt, (been there, done that, no urge to do it again).

Thanks for Any Help,

Teri
CC_Connection
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

tobyshitzu
Community Member
"$ 50 to $ 100 so the little extra for the insurance is necessary but its just seems amazing that for $ 8.95 for small packet or $ 13.75"

If you are paying 4.80 extra just to try and protect $50-$100 it wouldn't make sense even if small packet had no insurnace at all. You'd need to be making claims on more then 1 in 11 (at $50) packages just to break even which isn't going to happen. Add in the disclaimers on what canadapost will actaully cover "your cost, not the bid price item sold for" and it really doesn't make sense to pay extra when small pakcet does include insurance to cover your item value. Its not like people will be falsely claiming non receipt left and right, its rare.

I send everything as cheap as possible no matter what except use air to overseas (only sold things to a few $hundred though) and never give insurnace or tracking a second thought.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

sean_5775
Community Member
For $50 - $100 items I always use small packet. I have never had a buyer claim non reciept on one, I guess thats a chance you have to take.
But for me anything that will sell for over $100 will go expedited parcel no matter what size it is, that way I at least have a tracking number.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply