About feedback revision request from seller...?

I'm wondering what others would do about a feedback revision request.

I received dirty items & had to wash them.  They are ok now & I did not ask for a refund, but I didn't think I should have to wash them...  I follwed the seller's request on their listing terms and notified them of the problem before leaving feedback.  They apologized and promised to do better with their stock next time.  And if I wanted to buy something else, let them know & they'd give me a discount.  I don't need to buy anything else...  I left honest feedback & it was only neutral, not negative.

Now the seller is offering some money back if I change my feedback.  I realize someone has to go first here, and each side has no real reason to trust that the other will follow through.  That's a no-win.  They have pretty good feedback & I don't know how much "harm" 3 neutral ratings would do them, and getting a few bucks back isn't really a big deal for me; I didn't ask for it and didn't spend much anyway.

What would you do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'd leave it.

Feedback should be an honest reaction to your transaction.  And as you say, the neutral won't hurt the seller.

BUT

What did you do about Detailed Seller Ratings? These are much more important.

If you left less than Four Stars for any of the ratings, that may greatly damage the seller's ability to list and sell on eBay. If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3, she is in trouble. More than one  One Star or Two Star ratings and eBay may restrict her to the point that she has to quit selling.

This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. -- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Nope, I gave 4+ for the stars.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ebay now treats neutral feedback as a negative feedback affects the sellers status.

@3islanders wrote:

I'm wondering what others would do about a feedback revision request.

I received dirty items & had to wash them.  They are ok now & I did not ask for a refund, but I didn't think I should have to wash them...  I follwed the seller's request on their listing terms and notified them of the problem before leaving feedback.  They apologized and promised to do better with their stock next time.  And if I wanted to buy something else, let them know & they'd give me a discount.  I don't need to buy anything else...  I left honest feedback & it was only neutral, not negative.

Now the seller is offering some money back if I change my feedback.  I realize someone has to go first here, and each side has no real reason to trust that the other will follow through.  That's a no-win.  They have pretty good feedback & I don't know how much "harm" 3 neutral ratings would do them, and getting a few bucks back isn't really a big deal for me; I didn't ask for it and didn't spend much anyway.

What would you do?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply