AdCommerce or AdWords?

Just wondering if some of you use one or both of the above, and which one would be more cost effective?

Are they primarily doing the same thing or is one for Internet searches and the other for eBay searches?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

AdCommerce or AdWords?

I use AdCommerce - works great.

I used to use Adwords - stopped it because there's too much competition for the ads.

Better to be a big fish in a little pond than a tadpole in the ocean.

Are they primarily doing the same thing or is one for Internet searches and the other for eBay searches?

You can set it up either way for either service. Eveny niche will have its own characteristics, so its impossible to make a sweeping statement about it.

I have heard that Yahoo search, while it costs more, gets a better success rate than Google, but I don't even know if Yahoo is doing search anymore or if that's part of Bing now.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

AdCommerce or AdWords?

I use Adcommerce on eBay.ca and .com, and at the moment it is costing me an average of approx. $125.00 a month. Although there is no question that it is driving traffic to my stores, it remains unknown just how many of these browsing people actually turn into customers.
I am considering scaling back my campaigns as the cost is rising every single month consistantly, and is getting to be a bit much for my liking.
It would be interesting to know how much the average powerseller puts out monthly toward the Adcommerce advertising avenue.

Cheers,
AXE
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

AdCommerce or AdWords?

"it remains unknown just how many of these browsing people actually turn into customers. "

Have you checked your AdCommerce daily report lately? They tell you how many dollar sales were generated by your ads on a daily basis or per compaign.

I think money spent on AdCommerce is one of the best investments one can make on ebay.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

AdCommerce or AdWords?

I thinkl it would be hard to quantify sales, especially in my case. A lot of my buyers look, then come back later to buy, sometimes as much as a year later (but then, it's a big order)
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

AdCommerce or AdWords?

"as much as a year later... "

Last month, I received a phone call for a local elderly gentleman asking me if I still buy stamps. Recently widowed, he was moving to a nursing home and had to sell his 'stuff".

Went to visit that afternoon, took a good look at the collection, made a few calculations, presenting him with a fair offer which he accepted and I wrote him a cheque. 🙂 I then asked him where he got my name and phone number. A referral from a friend? My website? eBay?

No, he said, I do not even have a computer. He then showed me a yellowed piece of paper he had clipped from the local newspaper in 1999 - I was then running ads locally to purchase "stamp collections and accumulations". He kept it and now used it!

Over ten years later!

Yes, advertising does pay and, sometimes, you need to be patient!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

AdCommerce or AdWords?

I am using both right now. Read this thread

But I put a low bid in Adword so my ads only appear on website that are showing Google ads. I get 1 or 2 clicks per day.

I am counting more on SEO and specialized forums. By the way, most sells up to now come from people who searched my eBay username in google...

Come to my store
Message 7 of 7
latest reply