Am I Protected with the new Seller protecttion

bare_bright
Community Member
I need some help Please:) form what I can make out is that with the new seller Protection program, That if I ship a 100$ item to spain by Small packet Air US That I am protected,

or do I still need to Charge the Expensive ExpressPost
service to be Covered?

I read all the info on Seller Protection etc. and still not sure, so can someone Please explain in easy words for Me.

Thanks
Tibor
T.J.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

whoscloset
Community Member
I wish I could help you but I don't ship outside N.A.

Monique

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Protected from what?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
ok i'll try and be more clear, if the buyer claims item not received.

I know there is canadapost insurance, so what is the sellerProtection.

Excuse me But for some reason this has got me so confused since eng/fre is not my mother tung

Thanks
T.J.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

What other protection beside CanadaPost Small Packet insurance do you seek?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Well in the past, we had problems with one country in Europe and so did a lot of other sellers, so they would only ship ExpressPost from then on.

So your telling me there is no Difference Between Expresspost and small packet, Besides speed and a Tracking number.

That's my point do I need a Tracking number to ship there if they would file item not received.

they way it looks there is no difference when in comes to a claim since the pkg. is insured by shipping either way.
T.J.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

For seller your protect to apply you need to be able to provide PROOF OF DELIVERY and therefore certain European countries do not provide this service - you can obtain a list from CanadaPOST with all the countries that they are able to provide delivery confirmation services - not all countries have this option - example italy is an example of a country were you cannot get proof of delivery.

Paypal rules are very clear - you MUST be able to provide proof of delivery via online means otherwise the buyer will win any claim filed for non-receipt aka ITEM NOT RECEIVED.

Do your home and get the facts from CanadaPOST rather than relying on second hand information.

TIM @ FTL
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Thanks for the help, I know that, but there has been changes in the program, other than just confirmed address etc. and that is one country that I did get alot of item not received.

all I wanted to know is,

1) I am shipping a $100 item to spain.

2) The buyer has 2 options for Shipping.

3) ExpressPost or Small Packet.

4) He Most Likely will Take Small Packet, due to cost.

5)Am I covered if he claims he never received The item

6)I Print my Labels at Paypal, There is a Tracking Number so they Call it with small packet, but it really is not.

7)Now will CanadaPost Refund me if he claims he never got the item?

8) if so Then the only reason to ship express would be for speed.
T.J.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

7)Now will CanadaPost Refund me if he claims he never got the item?

Yes they will. They will request your buyer's contact information but why would he tell them he received it if he already told you otherwise 🙂

Sticky point is that your claim time is 45 days and CP requires up to another 45 days to "investigate". Either buyer negs you way before you collect insurance or you refund and then he receives it and forgets to return your refund.

What I do is I tell my smart-a** buyers that I am going to request a trace from the post office. It happened several times that buyer complained non-reception and requested tracking # (he knew there was no tracking) then I replied I was going to request trace from CP (a bluff) and within few hrs feedback apeared.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
THANK YOU

That's all I needed to know, The item in question is not shipped yet, he will decide tomorrow what shipping to take.

it's just my gut feeling about this one, you know you must also get that feeling when you just know this will be a problem sale.

Well this one gives me that feeling and 9/10 I am right.

Thanks again for your help:)
T.J.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply