Another New eBay Glitch, Scary, Check yr Listings!!!

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I went to relist an item that didnt sell this morning and I received 2 emails from eBay confirming the listing.

I checked my auctions and so far it has only been listed once and both emails have the same eBay item number assigned to it however it will be worthwhile checking to make certain that (a) you are not running 2 identical auctions for the same item and (b) that you are not charged TWICE by eBay for 2 listings.

Malcolm

Seems to be more computer glitches occuring almost daily.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

coastwindchimes
Community Member
Same thing has happened to me, twice. First time about a week ago, and then again the other day. Does not seem that I was billed twice for either. Just another glitch.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
Holy Crap, I just relisted 100 auctions then listed about 350 through Turbo lister, I checked my listing and I have like 1299 auctions??? I should have about 750 max... then i checked my seller account and it cost me $690USD to list all these in one day..oh boy, I will be calling the powerseller line tomorrow and bitching about this for sure...

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
What I cant figure out is I seem to get hit with the glitches days before anyone else and then POW everyone else starts getting hit.

I wonder how eBay does it, to select me as a test market and then whammo start hitting everyone else in the days to follow?

Malcolm

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

cutecoins
Community Member
Malcolm
Better you than me....no seriously...when do you list... We seem to do fine....Normally list Thursday after noon run until Snday.....ten days. Decided that is costing way to much...I am cutting down to 7 days again, no extra fees for the colourful frames around items either.We use turbo listed and no problems....I was not to happy when they told me I had to pay more for turbo lister fees...the day I was listing....mmmm that was not fun.
All the Best from the North....had our first rain a day back...it was nice to see the snow melt off the lawn.
Jim B.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I vary when I list due to other business schedules and interests. Sometimes I list another identical when the first one has hit the reserve of has sold with a BIN.

I list for 7-days as I find that I get the most auction action in that time-frame. As the most items I have ever listed at one time is about 35, I have no need for using turbo lister or other programs.

Recently, I have been running only 10-18 auctions at a time.

My son is the techie so he does all the html and we have our own servers so everything is kept here and I only pay the listing fees for one pic etc with no charges for our own templates or additional pictures or bold or colours etc.

I pay alot in fees as I use both a reserve and a BIN with an average selling price of $250 US so I am still dishing out around $8 in listing fees however the formula works.

For the items I dont sell, they generally end within 75% of my reserve so I am in the ball park, its just the exchange rate that I need to go back to what it was a year ago, although then my import cost will be higher.

I was up in Sudbury 2 weeks ago (not as far as TB), but still nice not to have to drive through sbow anymore. My sailboat is scheduled to be put in the water May 12th but I havent even had the chance to remove the winter blanket let alone all the other spring maintenance I have to do,

Malcolm

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

brownboxit
Community Member
Both my ending and new listings this week came in triplicate, but only the emails, not an actual doubling or 3x of the listings..

Last year my 3rd party auctions software glitched out with ebay & listed my stuff 10X - the bill was in excess of 5000 USD with featured items, thankfully it was resolved but very stressful.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

cutecoins
Community Member
"My sailboat is scheduled to be put in the water May 12th ".... gee my bud tells me his neighour pulled his ice fishing shack off the lake....thats calling it a close one...
All the best from dah nord... LOL
We sell small items...low end by most standards...and use the turbo lister...
All the best from up here... Jim B.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply