Another example of VCD Software VS Counter

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
I have a level 2 account discount with Canada Post. YCS was right when he said that VCD is not giving the correct discount when the online or VCD software is used.
Here is my example:

29cm x 27cm x 12cm, 3.017Kg to zip code 10002.

VCD Quoted $21.88 inc. GST

Counter Rate $22.15 inc GST.

I would have received a 27 cent discount or in otherwords about a 1.3 % discount.
I paid the extra 27 cents and shipped it at the counter rather than have some kind of extra fee for cubing/ fuel/ surcharge etc and other fees that appear on my bill.

Thanks for nothing Canada Post.
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

aabros
Community Member
that is disgusting
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Jumping up and down in the same spot !!!!!!!!

I told you guys .......CP is using lip service . Their really is no discount
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
lets all go with purolator lol
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

north-of-55
Community Member
Canada Post owns Purolator... Or at least most of it.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
I forgot to mention that was an Xpresspost shipment and I used the venture 1 card at the counter.
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Was your counter rate cubed? Sometimes the counter workers don't cube packages and they go through below the radar. Anyone had a counter package come back to them because it wasn't cubed? Would imagine that CP tends to double check the cubing of a VCD parcel moreso than a counter parcel.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Quote "Anyone had a counter package come back to them because it wasn't cubed? Would imagine that CP tends to double check the cubing of a VCD parcel moreso than a counter parcel."

How could they ??? The manifests go one way and the packages go another when they are unloaded . It's total random , if an package it inspected

A package should never come back for not cubing , it should just be sur-charged ...once again if it did that's Canada Post being lazy
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
All our products are picked up by Canada Post and taken to their main terminal. We complete our manifests manually. We sometimes ship identical products, in identically sized boxes and when billed, one will be charged actual weight and aother one charged its cubic weight.

I have also noticed that lately, fewer of our items are being cubed by Canada Post (the majority still are , but less than 3 months ago).

I have a feeling that the extra labour involved to measure everything was slowing down mail service. Either that or the inside workers arent getting anything more for measuring, so why bother.

Maybe that will be an issue in their next contract talks. If they have to weigh and measure parcels, they will think that they deserve a 35% increase in wages which of course Canada Post will give them after a 6 week walk-out that will cost us all millions in lost sales.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
LOL @ Amberwoods!! You think the way I do!!!!
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Hey deltone, do you know how I can apply to be a monopoly?
Is there a special course we could take, lets say at the University of "I Dont Give A Darn".
Also I would like to know where I could purchase a computer that always makes a mistake in my favour so I can tell customers, 'sorry the computer says thats how much it costs and we all know the computer doesnt make a mistake'.
I guess I was taught to be diplomatic and fair and treat people as equals by my parents. Oh how they have condemned me to a life of poverty for being honest, thoughtful, caring and thinking that there are others on earth with the same way of thinking and believing.
Oh I forgot, people that work in monopolies arent from earth. (They arent from heaven either so where do you think they are from and where do you think they are going?)
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
The counter shipment I made was paid for at that time with a credit card in hand. I can't imagine in a million years that Canada Post would "return to sender" for not enough postage.

I emailed my rep about the comparison charges and to ask again what my VCD discount is on Xpresspost USA. Last time this happened I was told that the person at the counter "must have made a mistake".
I wonder if I will get the same answer about this one.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Amber, "I guess I was taught to be diplomatic and fair and treat people as equals by my parents. Oh how they have condemned me to a life of poverty for being honest, thoughtful, caring" ...

Define poverty! I was brought up the same way and, while we don't have any more money than we absolutely need to keep body and soul together, we have a lot of friends many of whom started off as "just" customers! I call that rich!

Now, to keep this more or less on topic, I probably shouldn't give away secrets, but I get a 15% to 20% discount on all shipments, letter-mail included, by buying my stamps at 80% to 85% of face value from stamp-dealers. A little work to lick all those stamps, but so what! And it impresses a fair number of our buyers too.

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
muminlaw
With my cost of shipping averaging between $20 - $40 per item, I would be licking until the cows came home, as a matter of fact I would probably have to buy a couple of cows to help me do all that licking.

I agree with your take on being rich and that is why I am doing what I am doing and have my son as my partner.

I am rich with family and friends and wouldnt trade for the other kind of richness, a point I was trying to make about the type of careless people that run monopolies.

(I had the other type of rich too but I looked in the mirror one day and saw my partners face and decided to sell out my part of the business).
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

beakerme
Community Member
Hey Glenda! Can you give me some details on the stamp dealer angle? I'd love to do a little more licking! After all the archaic Postal outlet I use manually stamps all my parcels anyway! If I can save a few bucks doing myself...great! Any info is appreciated 🙂
Thanks,
Jenn
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Yes, I'd be interested in knowing about that too! My little PO still manualy stamps as well. Didn't know it was possible to get discounts on stamp purchases.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
You can usually get discount stamps from any shop that buys and sells stamps for collectors (also known as philatelists) -- the dealers buy large collections and often a part of the collection will be mint stamps with no collector value. They don't usually pay much for that part of the collection, so they're willing to sell them for less than face value just to get them out of their inventory.

Stamp shows are another place you might find a dealer willing to sell postage at a discount. I'll be looking for some myself this weekend!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Thanks Glenda!

deb
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Check out the response from my Canada Post Rep regarding my level 2 discount on Xpresspost compared to VCD software charges. This is getting more frustrating grrr.

------------------------------
"I checked in our system, with your discount level 2, the rate is $21.4 plus the 2.25% fuel surcharge which would come up to $21.88 as with VCD. With the Venture One card you have, you are qualified for the Small Business rate and the charge for your item is $ 21.65 plus fuel surcharge which would come to $22.15. I am surprised to see the difference in prices is only $0.27. I guess you are getting a very good deal with the Venture One card !!!"
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

brownboxit
Community Member
Pfft.. what an answer! CP is running a real scam, we should class action across canada, i want to know why brokerage fees are necessary for duty free parcels valued at less than $200, where does that extra charge go & what's the sum of dollars across canada being collected for no reason at all by CP from businesses exporting to the USA.

Sometimes I feel like I'm more in Russia than Canada, wait in line, pay the state, wait in line, pay the state lol.
Message 20 of 26
latest reply