Another shipping document change???

What?? just ran off a small packet air shipping label with Canadapost & it looks like the new tracked packet label & with NO tracking number to upload ???? What now? how can I keep up with this & keep up with ebays false tracking proceedure to keep them happy????? Really just sick of all this Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Probably standardizing all labels.

Smaller labels go on smaller parcels and take you from over 251 grams to under. That saves money.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

not understanding how that is saving $ ?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Work with me here. The large labels needed larger boxes that caused me to go over the 250g limit and move from $7.80 to $10.35 for shipping to the Excited States. That is, for printing my own postage and Paypal sending an email to the buyer with dates.

Now the smaller label means a, for sure, $2.55 cost saving. Saves me extra packaging and reduces my costs.

Unless all of this is simply because someon'e printer is set wrong. In which case I am blowing smoke up my own skirt, thank you very much.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

nothing to do with printer the small packet label now looks like the tracked packet label show cost to ship ( which I don't care one way or another about cuz I always pay more than charged)  I really don't give a hoot what it looks like,,,,,just doesn't get uploaded to say its shipped ..that is all..

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@inuk_the_polar_bear wrote:

Work with me here. The large labels needed larger boxes that caused me to go over the 250g limit and move from $7.80 to $10.35 for shipping to the Excited States. That is, for printing my own postage and Paypal sending an email to the buyer with dates.

Now the smaller label means a, for sure, $2.55 cost saving. Saves me extra packaging and reduces my costs.

Unless all of this is simply because someon'e printer is set wrong. In which case I am blowing smoke up my own skirt, thank you very much.

I've never used a bigger box just because of the label size. If necessary, I fold the label so that the sender's address is on one side and the receiver's address is on the other side. It probably does say somewhere that shouldn't be done but it has never caused a problem for me.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

gts - There is a number in small print under the bar code....it's easy to miss.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

PJ ~ must be extremely small print but why isn't there an upload to the sold item with a tracking number? I know they are useless numbers  but I thought ebay had to have it recorded in order to keep the seller standards all hunky dory the way they wanted it a year ago? so this has now all changed again and without any notice? did I miss an announcement about small packet labels changing? didn't think so...I know about the other changes that was back in Feb, but now they've changed a procedure &  no notice? I hate to have call them but I need to clarify about the upload of tracking # or lack of...

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Label size can be changed.I did it all the time before this recent change.Small box..make the label smaller..wasn't rocket science.Today,for my Etsy sales,I actually had to make these newly introduced labels larger.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Well...I tried to make my label bigger today and it didn't work...maybe it is rocket science. LOL

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

PJ...maybe my printer has rocket science technology?..lol..I dunno,all I do is increase my printer settings to 125% and they come out larger.As for the past labels I used to decrease the size to about 85 % to fit the smaller boxes and they would fit the smallest minimum size box(with some creative taping invoved) allowed by Canada Post.And something else I noticed with the new USA AIR Small Packets,along with displaying the price,is there is a now a Customs Declaration signature line.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

So now I know I'm not the only one scratching my head and tearing my hair out (probably a mutually exclusive metaphor, but appropriate in this situation Smiley Very Happy) over the sudden change in Small Packet labels -- see my post of earlier today re Small Packet label "wrinkle". 

Why on earth could they not have put a banner message up on Paypal somewhere during the label processing steps for everyone to see - all it had to say was "New Small Packet Label Format".  Perhaps they like the idea of thousands of people freaking out at the same time. 

The explation offered here is no doubt the reason for the change in label design  -- I haven't yet dared try Tracked Packet, but if I understand correctly, they will be this 1/4 page size as well? 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply