Anybody else out there not happy with SquareTrade?

I'm a Canadian Powerseller who is not very happy with "SquareTrade". I received a neg feedback from someone for no reason. To make a very long story short, the buyer questioned my policy on leaving feedback after the entire transaction is complete (after I get paid and they get their item). When I explained why I choose to leave feedback this way, she wasn't happy, accused me of playing "tit for tat" feedback. I immediately left her pos feedback and blocked her from bidding on anymore of my items. She was rude, her emails were full of "attitude" and I don't need the aggravation. I did not know she had bid on another of my auctions already so it negated her bid. She then left me negative feedback and accused me of being a liar, right on my feedback page. I went to Squaretrade and besides them taking my 20.00 (US), I got no results. Since she was free to stop the mediating process whenever she chose to, she did just that. The mediator explained that since she refused to proceed further, the case was closed. I feel that the mediator should have the last say on whether or not to remove the feedback, regardless of what the 2 parties say. A total waste of time and money and the person who left me the neg had all the power. She blew my 100% feedback rating for no reason other than retaliatory spitefulness. I am not impressed!
Mondocanuck
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

shoplineca
Community Member
Wow! Before I comment on ST, I have to tell you that any Buyer that challenges your FB policy is bad news from the start and your biggest mistake was changing your policy to suit her and leave her positive FB before she left you FB.

I learned along time ago that anyone seeking early FB is trouble. eBay has given us a new tool being the ability to go for mutual withdrawl providing each party has left negative FB.

ST has been very good for me but probably because I sat in the driver's seat holding all the cards. I went in on the offensive where I forced the Buyers to fork over the $20 to get the neg they left me removed.

I honestly dont know what the incentive would be for you to force that buyer into changing their FB nor could I imagine what ST could do to convince them to participate in mediation towards them changing the FB they left you.

Mediation only works if both parties are willing to participate. I agree with you that should one of the parties not wish to participate and they indicate that right from the beginning, then ST should refund your $20 as they have not provided any mediation services.

Aside from that, the signs were there about that buyer and ST cant do anything about that as that is not what mediation is about.

What you wanted was a procedure to pay $20 and have the neg removed. Unfortunately there is no such procedure available.

.. and it has been said to all of us before, the first one is the toughest. (Very few of us have any deserved negatives, just bad Buyers)

Malcolm
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member

I bet you will look before you block next time

The exact same thing happend too me, as a policy reguardless of the situation . I never given feedback till the bidder does. I would have blocked the bidder, and left it at that ......If they questioned it ??

I would have stated oh....."must be a glich on Ebay's part' ...Darn Ebay with there Gliches

The reason I comment on stating a glich....No matter how you word it .....there is still a chance they will be upset ......

Todd
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

mereco
Community Member
I believe Square Trade to be just another eBay money grabber. And yes it is eBay and not independent as it claims.
You are right. ST takes your money but provides no service if the other party is unreasonable and does not want to resolve the issue.
The simple fact that the Feedback process allows any spiteful buyer to leave negative feedback, not because they did not receive the exact item they bid on and paid for, but because after receiving the item that they bid on, without coercion from the seller, they realize that they got carried away in the auction bidding process and are looking for refund or partial refund from the seller.
There is supposed to be rules to regulate what comments can be made in Feedback, but a victim has to pay to get eBay to examine the violations of policy and eBay [ST] reserves the right to disregard the victims complaint if and when it wants to.
Square Trade process = a waste of money.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Suffice it to say I won't be renewing my ST once my current subscription expires.

Monique

Monique

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I thought SquareTrade states that your $20 is refunded if they aren't successful in removing the feedback? Or have they changed the policy now? (it's been a while since ST had to be used, thank god)
Message 6 of 6
latest reply