Anyone Else having problems printing Paypal Shipping Labels?

I've been trying since last evening to print a Paypal shipping label. As soon as I click on he shipping box I get a message that Paypal Shipping is Not Available, sorry for the inconvenience. I've tried both IE and Google Chrome. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I remember seeing some postings a few days ago that people were having problems and I wondered if it was still continuing.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It works for me using Firefox.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

PayPal has a glitch with address fields being too long, typically over 22 to 25 characters. Try to shorten the longer fields to 20-21 characters. This glitch happened to me 5-6 times over the past years as well as others here have posted  in these forums. Usually it is an International address in France or Switzerland but I also had one in Australia and once in Quebec.

How to shorten it? Use Ave for Avenue, St for Saint, etcetera.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I've run into that problem before Poco but this won't even allow me to get to the page with the address.  As soon as I click on the shipping label box I get the error message. I guess I'll be downloading Firefox for a few days.  Thank you both for your replies.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I talked to Paypal, no problem on their end, according to the rep I talked to. Her advice was to use Firefox. Tried to download Firefox, got some tool bar I had to do a restore to get rid of. Tried again, nothing except a whole lot of stuff I didn't want but Firefox wouldn't download. So I quit. I'll go back to the old method of using the post office. Wonderful what our fees pay for.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

For anyone else having similar problems... I tried the Paypal ship now and it worked fine. So it's a little more work, that's ok. At least I got my label. So the problem lies in the little button that says Print Shipping Label on Paypal. If I get another sale I try printing from Ebay web site and see what happens.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I just finished printing two labels while on Paypal..no problems. I was using IE 10.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Doesn't seem to matter if you try printing from the print shipping label on the eBay page or from the PayPal site it doesn't work for me with either Google Chrome or IE 9 or IE 11. I think I even tried the PayPal ship now link and it didn't work but will go back there and try that again. I did recentlyreceive a Java update but printed labels after that so don't think it is the problem.  I have tried 3 different computers and 2 different printers so the problem is not on my end. I can get all the way though the whole set up process for the label and then when I hit pay and continue up comes that dreadfully irratating message. "Sorry PayPal shipping is unavailble at this time"  Please try again later." How much later is it going to be? I have tried 20 times in the last 12 hours. What a waste of time and effort. I contacted PayPal and they told me to downgrade to either EI 7 or EI 8. So I would say it is definately their glitch. As if one wants to downgrade to a lower browser verison. I did that once before and everytime I logged into PayPal they told me to upgrade my browser. Too funny!! This would not be so bad if eBay doesn't ding us for not uploading tracking within the 1 day handling time frame I specify. But they no doubt will ding us and then we lose our standings in search results and maybe even Top-Rated plus status. It is beyond me why they don't make sure their sites are up to par at this busy time of the year. For the record I even had trouble typing this message.  It kept skipping and backspacing at random. So I am likely going to have to put out my own money to buy labels at the PO since I can't use the funds in my PP account which I keep there for this reason. As we know it takes at least 3-4 days to transfer funds to one's bank account .  Anyone have any other suggestions?    

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

When I try to print labels with Chrome the labels are only 1 inch square so I have to use Firefox to print them large enough?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

blackranda2, Is it an international address? I often get that message if the address isn't formatted correctly.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

As suggested by pj, you may just have an address field too long in the PayPal address fields.

If an address field is too long (25 characters or more), then PayPal shipping can get confused and not be able to work and gives a strange message that PayPal shipping is down.

It can be the street address field, the city or even the state/province. I have had this happen in all fields when the length is about 25 characters or more.  I have had it happen for Australia, France, Switzerland and even the province of Quebec.

A city with the name Sainte Something de Something that is common in Quebec and France can get very long. What you can try is to edit the address in PayPal and shorten it. How to shorten it? Use Ste instead of Sainte or St instead of Saint, Ave instead of Avenue. In worse case just cut off anything after character 24 and see if it works, then cut after character 23 until it does. You can hand write in the missing characters on the label. Just make sure the City and Country are clear and any postal like codes are full.

PS I recently came across this interesting web page on Canada Post of accepted municipal abbreviations in Canada. There is a 13 character and 18 character abbreviation of city names.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/atoz/quebec.jsf

It may give you ideas on what to use for abbreviations.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply