Anyone Try eBay Live Help?

llee2
Community Member
Has anyone tried speaking with eBay Live Help. Is it just me or is it an infuriating process? I spent a half an hour talking in circles with this person and quite frankly got nowhere. Here's the transcript - please someone tell me if I'm not being clear in my questions or what?

Here's the transcript of your conversation
Your chat session started.

David: Thanks for being so patient.

David: My name is Dave, how can I help you?

llee2: Hello...slow connection please bear with me

David: No problem. Take your time

llee2: I am trying your new seller's feature of offering eBay Anything Points. Used offer manager to add feature to item #2967747438. However, the manager is supposed to automatically add details and graphics but I don't see it showing up

David: I'm sorry to hear about that. Are you using Selling Manager?

llee2: No

David: What do you mean by manager?

llee2: I used the link http://anythingpoints.ebay.com/offer.html and used what the page calls "offer manager"

David: Ok one moment

David: You can revise the auction only if there is at least 12 hours left on the auction, and no one has placed a bid on it yet.

llee2: ?

David: I would recommend revising that if the Offer Manager didn't show the pics

llee2: The pics are supposed to automatically be added by the manager. I don't have access to the pics or html (see bottom of the page of the link above)

llee2: I can't manually insert them

David: I just looked at your auction and I see a few pictures there

David: There's a ketostix picture

David: and an Anything Points picture

llee2: What I am refering to is this. When I offer EAP, it's supposed to add graphics and details for the bidders as per the link above. These details are provided by EAP or eBay - don't have access to them. See the example at the bottom of link page..."5 anything points per dollar of final price" etc.. along with a buyer's link for more details. What i am referring to is listed as item #2 on the middle of the page under "how it works"

llee2: As it stands, if i did not add any detail to the listing, how would anyone know I am offering EAP. The last item on the link page says it will automatically be added to the listing along with info for the buyer

David: It put in a picture that says "Anything Points offered here!" I can only assume that's what you're referring to.

llee2: I put that in as a galery pic (wasted a quarter cuz it looks crappy anyways). No, please refer to the link page earlier. Look at the last point on that page - "how will buyers know that I am offering EAP" and see the pic below it.

llee2: copied and pasted

llee2: How will buyers know that I am offering points? When you select which listings will offer points (and the corresponding points per dollar for each listing), Offer Manager will automatically update your designated listings with information that explains the offer to buyers. See below for a sample listing that offers points.

David: Yes, I'm looking at this: How can I further emphasize the fact that I am offering Anything Points? To increase visibility of the fact that you are offering points on a listing, you may consider using the following image in Gallery: http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/eapHub/pointsoffered.gif

llee2: Not that...

llee2: The LAST (READ LAST) item

llee2: How will buyers know that I am offering points? When you select which listings will offer points (and the corresponding points per dollar for each listing), Offer Manager will automatically update your designated listings with information that explains the offer to buyers. See below for a sample listing that offers points.

David: It should show up on your actual item page

David: Let me have you write into our eBay Anything points team so that they can trouble shoot this for you. One moment

llee2: Yes it should but it doesnt - that's why I'm talking to you
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
You have to figure that 99% of the "live help" questions are along the lines of "What do I do now that I have bid?" or "Its been 2 days and i still don't have my product!"

I don't think that you would have had any better service if you had called support (if you are silver or higher). There are so many new features and programs I don't think all the support people have been able to catch up.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
To tell you the truth, live help sucks. Some of the people you get don't even know much about eBay. They need a LOT of workers to man the live help calls, so they hire just about anyone. I've got people who didn't know what basic selling options were, let alone how to tweak them to my preferences. When I had a security problem, they gave me the basic URL for account help tips. Sometimes I've gotten useful information from these people, but most often it's a waste of my time.

The best way to learn about eBay is by trial and error. Over time, you learn everything there is to know. I'm not there yet.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply