Anyone else get the email about 5 free listings per month?

jerseypros
Community Member
"We're writing with some exciting news about eBay fees. Starting June 16:

Every 30 days, your first 5 Auction-style listings will have NO Insertion Fees when you list with eBay's Sell Your Item form--regardless of your start price.
The first 5 listings with no Insertion Fees will have a Final Value Fee of 8.75% of the sales price or $20, whichever is lower. Additional items sold during the same 30-day period will have the same Insertion Fees and Final Value Fees as they do today.

If you are currently using an eBay tool or third-party listing solution, you can either list your first 5 Auction-style listings with the new pricing structure through eBay's Sell Your Item form or continue with your current practices at the current pricing--whichever option works best for you.

This change is part of our continued effort to lower the upfront costs of selling on eBay. The 5 listings with no Insertion Fees are especially helpful for sellers who may not sell in high volume, but offer unique and hard-to-find inventory buyers expect to find on eBay. Learn more."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to figure out why you only get the discount if you use the ebay "sell your item form"...looks like they don't want us using third party listing software?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

To figure out why ebay does something requires that you learn to thing they way they do.

Do you really want to do that? -------------------------------------------------------------------

"To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can ever fight; and never stop fighting." -- e.e. cummings

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Trying to figure out why you only get the discount if you use the ebay "sell your item form"...looks like they don't want us using third party listing software?

My speculation is that eBay wants occasional sellers to come to eBay since 99% of eBay sellers are also eBay buyers. So bringing them back means more sales as well.

I think this is excellent marketing move and eBay gets my thumbs up for this.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

looks like they don't want us using third party listing software?

I've got no idea how you come to that conclusion. Probably less than 10% of listings are done through SYI.

This promo doesn't work with ANY listing tools other than SYI and that includes eBay's own free TurboLister or paid for Blackthorne.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Is the promotion only for sellers that have received a letter about it?
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Sheesh, just ignore my question. I should have looked before I typed.
I just saw the announcement on .com
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I like the discount idea but the SYI criteria is a joke!

Q: Why oh why do they want us to jump through hoops?

A: To limit the amount of regular eBay sellers taking advantage of this offer. They are trying to woo new or occassional sellers only without taking too bad a loss on their bread and butter accounts (i.e. you and me).
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Probably less than 10% of listings are done through SYI.

I ditched Auctive weeks ago, then Blackthorn shortly after and all my auctions are done through SYI form. I use Chrome browser, so it's reasonably fast and once the auctions are defined, it's easy to relist.

I did not have any problem with this in some time. I remember the Turbo Lister was giving me trouble and Blackthorne was sooo slooow to do anything. Now I sit down 6-8x a day and re-list few auctions (look them up by Custom Label), rarely creating the new one.

Relatively to month ago, my sales are through the roof. So Auctiva window did not really help the sales or negligently.

I think SYI form is a fairly stable and reasonably usable tool.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

> I like the discount idea but the SYI criteria is a joke!
>
> Q: Why oh why do they want us to jump through hoops?
>
> A: To limit the amount of regular eBay sellers taking advantage of this offer. They are trying to woo new or occassional sellers only without taking too bad a loss on their bread and butter accounts (i.e. you and me).

Actually, this will make them more money because the FVF's are higher than for regular auctions. You only get a deal when the item you list is above $250.00. -------------------------------------------------------------------

"To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can ever fight; and never stop fighting." -- e.e. cummings

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 9 of 9
latest reply