Anyone have problems buying wigs only to have them not look at all like the ones advertised?

faithamadio
Community Member

This is the third time I've bought a wig on ebay and all three times from three different sellers, the wigs were sub standard and are absolutely NOT the wigs pictured in the ads.  The first time,  I complained to the seller and the seller refunded me half the price.  Considering the cost of postage, I let it go, thinking I just had a bad experience.  Then, today, I received the other two wigs I ordered (from two different sellers) and, they are terrible.  One is losing hair and the other you can actually see the stitching.  Sure, the sellers will offer me a full refund, if I return the wigs, but, postage is outrageous in Canada.  Shouldn't they be accountable for false advertising?  There is no way either wig matched the wigs used in the ads.  I'm really disappointed and really disgusted that once again I got taken in.  What can I do, besides leaving the seller a bad rating?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anyone have problems buying wigs only to have them not look at all like the ones advertised?

Let me guess, you bought wigs from Chinese sellers?

The cost of shipping to meet Paypal's standard is about $40 or more, because you would need to use ExpressPost International to get Delivery Confirmation.

Here's a method of improving your chances of getting something decent.

Instead of looking at Best Match (which is just plain wonky) or Lowest Price First (which will bring up Halloween costume pieces first) make your Search Highest Price First.

Now you can scroll down to your price range, although it is worthwhile checking out items you can't afford to see how they differ from the carp you have been buying. Brand names are useful, for example.

Also consider suppliers from India, where some of the best human hair comes from, and look for black models, since the largest market is Afro-american and a company that sells to such a knowledgeable market will have to use accurate descriptions.

Of course, the usual checking of feedback and especially Detailed Seller Ratings, particularly the one for "Description". And remember that any seller whose feedback rating drops below 98% is doing a very bad job of keeping customers happy.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Let me guess, you bought wigs from Chinese sellers?

The cost of shipping to meet Paypal's standard is about $40 or more, because you would need to use ExpressPost International to get Delivery Confirmation.

Here's a method of improving your chances of getting something decent.

Instead of looking at Best Match (which is just plain wonky) or Lowest Price First (which will bring up Halloween costume pieces first) make your Search Highest Price First.

Now you can scroll down to your price range, although it is worthwhile checking out items you can't afford to see how they differ from the carp you have been buying. Brand names are useful, for example.

Also consider suppliers from India, where some of the best human hair comes from, and look for black models, since the largest market is Afro-american and a company that sells to such a knowledgeable market will have to use accurate descriptions.

Of course, the usual checking of feedback and especially Detailed Seller Ratings, particularly the one for "Description". And remember that any seller whose feedback rating drops below 98% is doing a very bad job of keeping customers happy.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply