Anyone having issues with new sellers from China?

ko44026
Community Member

I have noticed in the last two weeks or so, there are a large number of listings from new sellers (with no sales recorded to date).  On one I was scammed - paid through PayPal, item never shipped.  On a second, I tried to pay but PayPal said the seller was not set up.  Sent three e-mails to the seller, no response.  They did open an unpaid item complaint but it was canceled by ebay.  I also notice there will be identical items where the posting is identical, but the seller is different - also with no sales.  Just me?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No, not just you.  A lot of these 'new' sellers may be former sellers whose accumulated negatives

finally made it necessary to launch new IDs.  A seller can have up to 8 ebay IDs on a single paypal

account.  As it is, a many of the items available from 'different' sellers will be the same items listed by

the same seller, -- but on alternate IDs.  Just because the ID is different, doesn't mean the seller is.

If you read these message boards you will observe that every week there are people who post here

about items that do not arrive from China.  That cheap 'slow boat' shipping takes a long time, but

you have 45 days in which to open a claim for non-receipt.  I see no reason not to wait for 40 days

before contacting the seller.  If you get no satisfaction that way, open your claim by day 43.

Then, you have another 20 days before the case must be settled.  You have probably seen the following

link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Get to know the procedures and deadlines, and never be 'scammed' again.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

On one I was scammed - paid through PayPal, item never shipped.

Well, I guess what you mean to say is, the seller has not marked the item as shipped, although two weeks have passed. That doesn't mean it isn't on its way. After all , it has only been two weeks, according to your post, and I would usually allow 30 days before contacting the seller and 40 before starting an Item Not Received dispute.

However, if the seller tells you he will send a replacement, demand your money back immediately. That is a common scam. And do NOT let the Paypal deadline of 45 days pass without filing the Dispute.

It takes only seconds for a seller to refund you. Don't allow more than 24 hours pass if one is promised and does not happen.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I would be wary about purchasing mechanical items such a water heater, pressure washer etc directly from China. They may be great items but they could also be poorly made. If there is a problem and they don't work properly or work just for a short time, you may have to return the item to China with delivery confirmation in order to receive a refund. That often costs more than the item itself.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply