Anyone knows about the different levels at Canada Post?

aabros
Community Member
Yes it's me again lol!! Anyone knows about the different levels at Canada Post? I know that there is a small enterprise discount (5%) if you ship less than 700 parcels/year. Then there is level 1 then I guess level 2... how does it work? Thanks, once again, for your help.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Based on your anticipated sales, you will be assigned a level. If you dont reach the number of shipments in a year (lets say 2,000 parcels), Canada Post will review the level given. If you can provide a good business plan that you will hit the target number of shipments the following year, you may get to keep the previous level or it will be adjusted downward. You will be given the standard "A World of Shipping Tools" book with weights and codes for all means of shipping domestically, to the US and Internationally. Your Canada Post sales rep will provide you with a special sheet listing rate codes for each Province and Cityfor your level. This sheet will be different for each level (1, 2, 3 etc.) and that will determine your pricing based on weight. The only problem is now Canada Post uses cubic weight and if you are shipping different products each being different sizes, it is alost impossible to determine the cubic weight until after you have packed the item. This of course is totally impractical when selling through eBay.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Amber: Thanks. As powersellers... canada post doesn't really know how many parcels we ship ... so it's going to be hard for them to tell... unless they audit us... Thanks
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

skylapcom
Community Member
All I know is that if the shipping is over $5.00 there is no GST. Plus I heard there's a 10% discount if you prove you're a business, you might want to look into that one. I will be tommorow. 🙂

Mark
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
With respect to the Canada Post level. I negotiated directly with Canada Post. My rate is based on shipping via Express, Expedited or Purolator between 2500 and 4999 parcels per year. I will probably ship around 300 only this year due to the big drop in US purchases of our products and know that I will have to do a song and dance with Canada Post to keep this rate for next year. I assume that if I was using the Power Seller rate (which is the level 1 rate) we would all be lumped in together but if that is the case, surely combined we will be shipping over 5000 products per year and entitled to a level 4 rating and discount?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
That would be a super idea. How can we do that though?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
This is not a hard thing too do . I have actually done it , however if Canada Post finds out , as they did with me . They will pull the contact.

Also if done as stated above , the major account holder is responsible for any late accounts . Meaning if someone in the pool goes belly up. The head account holder is on the rope to pay the over due account

Todd
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Hey Todd. Wanna give it another try? mmmmmm
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I have a meeting with Ebay coming up soon . I want to talk too them first , bounce a couple idea's off them . See what happens , then I may consider it after talking too Canada Post
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
cool thanks
Message 10 of 10
latest reply