Are Others Experiencing Slower Sales?

ospreylinks
Community Member
I know that the period immediately after Christmas tends to be a little slow, but this year seems even more so.

I am finding that even inquiries regarding my items seem to be down from the same period last year, and sales are just about none-existent....

How are others doing?

Jeff
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
I'm in the same boat, very slow sales

I'm wondering if ebay will consider this when reviewing the monthly sales of each powerseller since even so that as an average we are still over the minimum needed, this month may not cut it....

Since this is my first January as a PS I wonder if anyone knows what happens if you don't sell over 1000 US this month

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
This is my first January as a PS and I planned for slower sales on eBay. As such I dropped my listings of my more expensive musical instruments by 80% however I have started listing another product line where my listing fees are less than 1/10th of my instruments.

I am pleased however that I have some sales "off eBay" that are producing a little income however they will not help my PS status.

My November and December eBay sales wer so good however that I am not concerned over loosing PS status plus I have quite a few buyers who havent left me feedback yet so I can probably coast through January which was partially in my plans.

Malcolm

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
Sales have been awesome the last 2 weeks. But saved some of my best for this time frame. Now that all the Xmas sales are over, there is still all that Xmas present money for customers to spend. I usually do better from January to April even though Xmas was superb. Seems to depend on what you sell and watching what is being sold. Hope it picks up for all of you.

Don
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Okay.... starting tomorrow whatever Don is selling, I'm selling....

Good going!

Jeff
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

First week of January was great (those Christmas dollars!) but its slowed right down over the last few days. Hoping it picks back up again soon ...

Ann
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
First auction in January was very satisfying -- most of our snipers came through! It's sure nail-biting time while we wait though!!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

hdwrench1
Community Member
We are still averaging $1000 US a day with ebay and ebay store sales. We now have our catalog of parts available on CD so off sales should increase in the next month.

We will be getting our new color star next week sometime.
(5000)
I hope everyone has a great January.
Wayne
Heritage Cycle Works
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Would someone mind just dropping in at Ebay and see if someone accidently kicked the plug out of the wall!!!!

I don't know how the rest are doing, but we are slow slow slow....

Jeff

I thought the US economy was picking up - or is that just smoke and mirrors like W of M D.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
According to Ebay...

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=44&thread=100004057&modifed=20040121201747

Things are booming. Hmmm....a little self-promotion, smoke & mirrors or is it really true?

Jeff
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
The US economy is picking up per George Bush this election year, not so according to his opponents.

Does that mean someone seeking or already sitting in the highest office in the US is not telling the truth?

Well according to eBay, things are booming in Canada but not in anything I am selling nor what I plan to sell so I guess I will go stick my head back in the sand and wait until eBay lists my products as HOT to sell.

Malcolm

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Things have only started to slow a little this week. It has been an amazing January ths far (compared to the last two).

Sales are up 70% this January over last. But I knew it was too good to last.

Bill

Bill

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Things are definitely down, here. So far down that I pulled all my auctions and I'm going to start up again in February. If I suddenly disappear, it means I lost my PS status 😞
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

can-import
Community Member
My sales are better than they were in December... My best month was November. But my case is different... I dont sell gifts or clothes... I sell printer repair kits and service manuals!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I didnt pull all my auctions and it has nothing to do with whether they would sell or not. I curbed the volume of my listings to re-gear my business.

At the same time I am still selling 2-4 items per week this month so that should keep me alive as a PSer until we start up again full speed in another day or two.

Malcolm
Message 15 of 15
latest reply