Auto Relist Feature - 30 day = 3 months

Does anyone here use this auto re list feature?

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2014/6/1403705709.html

Does it actually allow a 30 day fixed listing to run up to 3 months for FREE?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Seems to be so. I just started using it last month on .com and my first free relistings started a couple of days ago. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that it showed up for me on .ca and I've been revising my 30 day listings listings before they end. All seems to be good. 

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

So if I understand this correctly............say there was a listing promo for 5,000 listings.  .........and the auto re list feature was used.  Then those 5,000 listings would automatically renew for Free up to 3 times?  After 3 does it automatically stop or then charge you listing fees?  Would the listings need to be fixed or auction or does it even matter?

Thanks

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

" automatically relist auction listing"

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I've been using this feature for fixed price as well.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.   After 3 does it automatically stop or then charge you listing fees?

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I found this discussion on eBay.com from earlier this year:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Automatic-Relist/qaq-p/19193627

"Basically what he said was that it (automatic relisting for 3 weeks) "

would imply auction format only (seven days)

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

When in doubt read Ebay help pages.........I should have done this earlier.

Things to keep in mind:

• Relisting your item automatically isn't available for Good 'Til Cancelled or multi-quantity listings.

• You can automatically relist both auction-style and fixed price listings.

• When your item is relisted, it might not appear on the site for several hours after the initial listing ends.

• Your eligibility to relist an item automatically is based on your transactions and sales. When you're eligible to relist an item automatically, you see the option in the listing form. You can see your transactions and sales in your Seller Dashboard in My eBay.

• Once you choose to relist your item automatically up to 3 times, you won't be able to relist it manually until the third automatic relisting period is over.

• If the automatic relist was unsuccessful, you can relist your item manually. When the automatic relist is unsuccessful, you see a message displayed for that item in My eBay.

• You can remove the automatic relist setting at any time.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

It automatically stops and shows as unsold.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

One other thing.  I saw for the first time the other day a note that said something like:  Your item has not sold after three listings -- try a lower price or try selling it at auction.  I can't find the exact wording right now.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

I've been using the free auto-relist for fixed price. Great idea. But I don't think you can choose that when re-listing in bulk. At least, I can find no box to tick when bulk re-listing. It seems that you have to do each listing one at a time. Which is awful if, after the 3 auto re-listings are ended and you have hundreds, or even thousands to re-list. Not too bad I suppose if the listings are spread out over the month, but still a pain. Does anyone know if at the end of the 3 auto-listings, the box stays ticked for when bulk re-listing?

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

kris24k
Community Member

This is a great feature for selling.  Hope it works the way it says.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

I cannot find the Automatic Auction Relist anywhere.

Sell Similar, Relist, cannot see the option on the pages.

Do I just start a listing from scratch ?

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

I still don't know whether it works with bulk listing.

I used Sell Similar for each unsold item and the box was at the bottom of the second page before finalizing the listing.  Because I usually only have 100 to 150 listings at any given time, it wasn't too time consuming to list 20 or 30 at any given time.  Obviously this wouldn't be practical if you have hundreds, or thousands of listings.

This question was asked earlier in this thread.  Perhaps someone who has thousands of listings can answer this.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Do you have a screenshot JT ?

This is for a Relisting or Sell Similiar an Auction Listing Right ?

When I relist I do not see a box at the end of the second page.

BTW, I am not Bulk Relisting.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

Attached is a screenshot -- kind of large but the best I could do Smiley Happy

This is good for both auction and fixed priced listings (even 30 days).  If after the first period is over and your item has not sold, you'll see in your Inbox "Your item did not sell, etc., and then another that says "Your item has been automatically re-listed (or words to that effect.)

AttachmenteBay Free Re-List Screenshot.jpg ‏237 KB

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

I`m thinking that from an Unsold listing, you should choose Sell Similar rather than Re-List.  Then your two subsequent listings will be  "Re-Lists".   

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Thanks JT.

Has the Box to save template, but no Box for an automatic relist above that.

I must be doing something wrong.

This is for .ca also ???

Tried relisting the unsold auction items from the promo for seven days, still a no go.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Just tried Sell Similar from the Unsold Auction Item & still no box appearing.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that.  I didn't think that this only made available to certain sellers.  I thought it applied to everyone.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Message 20 of 30
latest reply