B.C Scammer - Bank Reversal

Got an unpleasant email notice for paypal stating that they received notice from of on our recent buyers bank to reverse the payment (no reason given) of over US$600.

Unfortunately for us, we have already shipped the laptop 2 days prior to receiving the notice and infact the laptop is already in CanadaPOST BC mail sorting center and most likely will be delivered on this Monday.

CanadaPOST has no 24hr number to call so not sure if we can have the parcel STOP DELIVERY tagged.

Paypal is forced to reverse the funds by law according to them even though the transaction page clearly shows the item being shipped and all.

Anyhow, we are not worried too much since the transaction is covered the SPP policy but I just hate to let a scammer get a way with it.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Im going through the same thing right now, not as much money as you( just shy of $200.00).Forget Canada post They cant help you. They can barely tell where your item is at anygiven time. Im thinking of changing delivery suppliers.
What really sucks is Pay Pal charges a decent fee and really doesnt handle the money. When they tell me that I have recieved payment, I send the item as you would.It sucks that your on your own. I am hoping and I think I am covered on this one.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Well, we too are covered since we used XPRESSPOST to ship along with Signature required service. The last time I checked the CanadaPOST website the BUYER has signed for the item and we have an online signature so that completes the Seller protection policy requirements governing item valued at over US$250.

I called PAYPAL and asked them to release the funds they said the funds should be release by the 21st at the latest. So we are waiting to see what happens on the 21st.

Apparently it takes PP 10 days to review and close the transaction - ya right more like 10days to sit on the cash and collect interest before paying out on an obvious scammer.

Anyways, I will update on or after the 21st to let you know of the outcome on our end.

Cheers,

TIM @ FTL
Message 3 of 3
latest reply