BEWARE WITH CANADA POST'S POWERSELLER DISCOUNT PROGRAM

wrightcomputes
Community Member
If you already have an accout with Canada Post, signing up for the powerseller discount will cause your existing agreement to be void, and you will be forced into using their Electronic Shipping Tools and pre-pay for all your shipments, no more billing and paying by cheque. If that's what you'd like, fine, but if you're happy with filling up a manifest manually, dropping packages at the PO, and getting billed afterwards (maybe weeks later), then signing up for the powerseller discount will mess all that up. It did for us.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

valuetv
Community Member
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..GOING THE OTHER WAY.

I was a Venture One user for over a year, and from the promise of efficiency with eBay's Powerseller negotiated program with CP, I want to migrate to Electronic Shipping Tools, and so last week I signed up through the links on this board.

The first day, Thursday last week, everything worked out fine, I printed out maybe 25 - 35 parcels labels, got the manifests, the parcels are on their way.

The second day, Monday of this week, I was able to print the labels and attached them, and then was SHOCKED because I am UNABLE to process the manifests, so I have no way to prove payment was made for the next thirty or so packages that I have in the truck waiting for taking to CP.

I phoned the help desk at 18002774799 and logged a ticket with IBM (Canada Post contracted them to design and support the Electronic Shipping Tools) and IBM said the problem arises due to my earlier registration with CP as a VENTURE ONE user. My status as a Venture One user has effectively disqualified me from using the eBay Powerseller contract and Electronic Shipping Tools. I find that a terrible way to treat a growing volume customer.

IBM tech support is trying to get CP to sign me onto the eBay Powerseller contract and re-enable me to continue with Electronic Shipping Tools.

Imagine my frustration as I am in my 3rd day of downtime and am waiting to hear from SOMEBODY from CP to help.

Anyone know somebody at CP who is managing the relationship with Canada's eBay powersellers? I would love to get a name, a telephone number, an email address, something that will help me continue to do business with CP.

Thanks,
RAY
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

wrightcomputes
Community Member
Online Business Centre (OBC) & Electronic Shipping Tools (EST) HelpDesk
1-866-511-0546 Monday - Friday 8AM - 6PM (Local)

For help with your commercial account and discount:

Business Sales Centre 1-800-260-7678 Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-5: 30PM
Power.seller@canadapost.ca

For Canada Post's shipping and delivery solutions, service claims, or general questions:

Canada Post Contact Centres 1-888-550-6333 Monday-Friday 8AM - 4:30PM
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

bh542
Community Member
I was a venture one user before I had a powerseller contract with them. I didn't even mention that I was a venture one user in my application and I found out that they assigned the same user ID. I haven't had any problem with that. I doubt if the IBM staff gave you the exact reason (I used to work with IBM PC helpline team and I know the quality of their service).

Andrew
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
SOmething sounds strange there. I waw a Venture one and I signed up to EST using powerseller discount. I have had no problems. The only problem I have run into was trying to order supplies over the phone. They told me because I was an ebay powerseller, I could not order supplies. I went online and ordered them.

I think you could call 5 people in CP and get 6 different answers.

Rob
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Me too - I already had a venture one card & was registered with EST when I signed up for the Power Seller discount. When Canada Post emailed me my contract number, they gave me a new password, something almost impossible to remember, so I logged in to EST and changed it back to what it was before. All my settings were still there - credit card number, customer number, my address book etc. So far no problems. Nice discount when shipping parcels within Canada. 😄
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Thanks for the warning wrightcomputes, I had heard that as well so I stayed clear. I already get a decent discount through my regular business (My ebay business is a sister account with CPC) I was interested at first because I wanted the powerseller envelopes but heard somebody else warn about voiding existing accounts.

I don't want to change what I have now. I use desktop tools, get billed for each manifest on my credit card (CIBC aerogold so LOTS of air canada miles)
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

macktaru
Community Member
Can someone explain all this to me, i'm new and I have the venture one card and I use that when shipping my dvd sets. When I ship something larger like the dvd sets or leap pad books I like to use expedited shipping so I have a tracking number as proof of delivery and use the 5% discount when I do that but when I ship my video games they're small enough to go by oversized letter. Will EST save me much money?
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

There are NO discounts for letter mail (regular or oversize) available under any discount or volume service plan.

Unless you are shipping a lot of Expedited packages it's probably not worth the effort.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

macktaru
Community Member
Does anyone else send dvd sized packages? I wonder if it would be worth it for me to start sending them with a tracking number and using EST?
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

If you are thinking of the tracking number because you can then get insurance, why not use lettermail and add insurance from a 3rd party company.

Michael
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

pixelbarrel
Community Member
Ok, new Powerseller here (well, was one last year but summer sales were non-existent and we lost it...but we're back!)...

We have Venture One right now and save 5% on the Expedited shipments (within Canada and the U.S.)... will signing up for the EST for Canadian Powersellers save us even more? Is it actually easier to use than what we're doing now? (we just go to the post office like regular people and lineup.)
Message 12 of 12
latest reply