BIG CHANGES in Buyer Satisfaction Summary

I'm sure there must have been a memo I missed about this (and I'm equally sure someone here will post it...lol!):

I can no longer see my DSR's for the past 30 days. Instead I can see how many 1's and 2's I got in the last 4 weeks for a specific DSR and I can also run reports based on category, date range, item numbers and shipping. Oh the possibilities! Does this mean if we run a report on a specific item number that the bidder's DSR's left will no longer be anonymous? Will we finally see whether or not free shipping listings are bringing us 5's in the S & H category? Apparently the reports can take up to 24 hours to generate, so I am anxiously awaiting the results!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ok...well I already have the answer to one of the questions above. You need 10 results to run a report so there's no way to narrow a report down to just one transaction. Also eBay has this "warning" in a few spots:

It is against eBay policy to question buyers about the detailed seller ratings they left. See the policy.

If you look at the policy it doesn't say much about contacting the buyer. I have contacted buyers in the past to try and understand comments where the buyer obviously did not read the item description. Of course I was completely professional and polite! I wouldn't do it again though as nobody has ever emailed me back. It's just a waste of time and energy.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
craftycatsattic- contrary to eBay, you can narrow this tool down to a single report.
The funny thing is, eBay designed the process so it can be done. A strange situation of the rules not quite catching up to the reality of the situation.

If followed, it's pretty easy to spot when your DSR's dip. And, if you have little feedback, it is even more painful. The nice thing is, whenever it happens to us- we simply block that bidder. This is not a debatable point. They, the buyer, can go elsewhere. What's amazing to see is the 100% for item as described within a given category. Only then to realize that it's the odd item from outside your principle area of sales that is dragging you down. So, next cycle- those items will be gone. Does eBay win- certainly not- no listing fees, no end value fees, and certainly fewer listings, with the possibility of HIGHER discounts!
Thank you eBay for saving us some money!

Reports take minutes from the twenty plus, or so, I've run.
Again, what was eBay thinking when they designed this way TOO precise tool? Other than maybe a few more buyers added to our blocked buyer list! (you may not question a buyer's DSR left- but you can block them- YEAH!!!!)
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Are these changes new? It seems to me I've heard talk about them before without really knowing what the talk was about. They only showed up on my dashboard yesterday.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They must still be working on this because I can longer run those reports.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Are these changes new?

They discussed this stuff in general terms at the Town Hall last week. Griff has also been dropping hints in his thread on Seller Central.

The major plans for 2009 will be officially announced in 2 batches, the first sometime towards the end of this month. The report function will be coming soon. It's obvious they are doing some testing, I suspect it was not intended that this be widely visible yet.

Try checking tomorrow afternoon, they have been showing up for the last two days during the afternoon for a couple of hours each time.

One other thing they did change which is sticking is the text used in the Policy Compliance & Buyer Satisfaction boxes, it's much simpler now and less antagonistic and negative.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
The report I created last night disappeared as well.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 7 of 7
latest reply