BLACKMAIL!

mrschucomonorail
Community Member

I recently sold an item as a seller, and mentioned that the item was BROKEN in three different areas of the listing. I obtained negative feedback saying there was no mention of any items broken? I contacted Ebay they said tough luck, cannot delete negative feedback for this reason? Buyer lied to get back at me for no returns on the item. Because they did not read the auction, sellers are at fault? Buyers can say item looks Blue and is delivered in black. Sellers fault?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

BLACKMAIL!

You should change your listings so that when something like this happens  , people can look at the item listing and see for themselves. Myself, when I see a seller with an item I would like, and they have negatives, I go and look at the feedback ( and the listing if I can ) and make up my own mind as to whether the seller is trustworthy or not. More often than not, I will buy the item because I think that the negative feedback was not warranted. I would also call eBay back, and if the CSR is not helpful, I would ask for a supervisor , and I would not give up. You can also try to get the attention of Kalvin ( not sure what his email is though ), and maybe he will be able to help you.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

BLACKMAIL!

BLACKMAIL!

OOPS !!  kalvin@ebay.com

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

BLACKMAIL!

You beat me to it, ggsale27!

Hi mrschucomonorail,

Sorry to hear this happened to you - please definitely drop me an email with the item number & I'll have it reviewed.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

BLACKMAIL!

Private feedback ibdicates you have something to hide.

Something that you are very afraid to let your buyers see.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

BLACKMAIL!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that it is high time for eBay to remove "private feedback" in order to make eBay safer and fun for all sellers to deal with any buyers.  As for me seeing "private feedback" it means they have something to hide and don't want sellers to see any negative experiences in their feedback history.  With another account, I do have bad experiences with those with "private feedback".

Some claimed it is their rights not to let anyone see what they are buying, I can understand that but with a high amount of percentage, it is something because they are hiding.

Time to remove it immediately.  eBay always harping on us to make eBay safe and fun and that should include removing "private feedback".  Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

BLACKMAIL!

Anonymous
Not applicable

nuvisitors, I reread your message.  Do you mean that "private" means that we cannot see what items buyers buy?  If so, what is the problems?  With one account, I had to do that because of the items that I sold, I get so many buyers upset, telling me that many other buyers were harassing them and want to buy them from them that they bought from me.  It happened way too much and I had to call eBay to find out what to do about that and they suggested that I should make my listings "private" to protect my buyers so they don't get harassed from other buyers who were outbidded.  It is not happening with just a few, it happened way too much that it became insane and horrifying and I could lose my favorite buyers if I don't switch to "private listings".

I have a problem with "private feedback" is in the feedback history but not with private listings.  One person somewhere here said "I don't want anyone to know my bra size!"  That is a good comment.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply