BUYERS - PLEEZE DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

I realize some buyers don't read the Boards until they have a problem, which is NOT a problem - many of them do not make sense at all and very hard to understand.

So many people might not see this but DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you purchase anything, on this site and any others, whether it be ebay, Paypal, why when paying with an E-cheque you don't understand the difference between that and paying directly by Paypal.  The rants of these buyers seem to be every other day, calling people Thieves, Scam Artists and better!

Why the heck would you spend your hard-earned money not knowing the "rules" is just beyond me.  I shop quite a bit on other sites and I would never think to purchase anything until I've gone through the site looking at rules, shipping, how you can pay, etc. etc. etc.!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You are right limey, these posts are getting tiring, really tiring.

While they are some legitimate posts, most are not.

Time for some posters to do some research & accept personal responsibility for their buying practises.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Lesson number 1, the customer is always right

Lesson number 2, never forget lesson number one.

Communication and excellent customer service are a pre-requisite for success on Ebay..........unless your from China and can send 1000, plus  dollar items with free shipping.

I know it's frustrating when you think you must answer the same questions over and over for newbie buyers but when E-bay does a **bleep** poor job of it the responsibility falls to the good sellers who speak the same language as the buyers to make a positive buying experience happen.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I know its frustrating when you think you must answer the same questions over and over for newbie buyers ...

I don't get frustrated, but I roll me eyes quite often as their questions are always answered in the description.

Just the cost of doing business & usually less than one minute of my time to send a reply.

I figure if I don't answer the inquiry there are a hundred other sellers who are more than willing to send a reply.

Bottom line, those replies could result in sales & hopefully, repeat sales.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi bb_cool_stuff.  I understand what you mean, and I know it only takes a minute to post a reply.  I was just trying to get through to newbies that they shouldn't go on ANY site and see something they just HAVE to have without looking as to how the specific site works re shipping, payments, returns, disputes, etc.  It's their money they're playing with.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I was just trying to get through to newbies....

That is the way I understood your post & I couldn't agree with you more.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply