Bad sellar

Bought an item from seller back on july 19th 2014. Still have not received my item and he has my money and I have been sent two wrong items which I have sent back. now I cant get anywhere with talking to him since he will not respond. And ebay doesn't want to help me and neither does paypal I don't get how they can let people just use this site and screw people over.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Bad sellar

you have to report this kind of problem within 45 days.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

I did and was told to deal with the sellar and got no help.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

Contacting the seller is only the first step.

If he is recalcitrant, then you go back to eBay and start an Item Not Received claim.

EBay is not very clear about this.

One email to the seller arranging for a refund is enough. Refunds take only seconds to perform.

However, since more than 45 days have passed, go instead to the credit card you really paid with. Paypal is just a mediator. Ask the customer service clerk at the 1-800 number on the back of your card for a chargeback. She will need dates, payment amounts and transaction numbers to process your refund.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

I contacted the sellar and then when nothing happened I contacted ebay again and they did nothing, I got no help and my time was up, no one wanted to help wme deal with the stupid sellar who just wants to screw me over.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

You waited too long and did not file an item not received claim. At least you now know what to do if this happens again.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

Excuse me I did **bleep**ing file a complaint learn to read. I filled it and got no help from ebay and still not getting any.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

Did you file a complaint through the Resolution Centre or did you have a nice chat with a customer service rep?

Only the first is useful.

And fully automated.

But the 45 days is firm. Of the seller scammed you into waiting, you stay scammed.

However, your credit card company may still have you covered for a chargeback. (PP is really just a mediator). Phone their 1-800 number and see if you still have time to get a refund.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

I did go through the resolution center. EBAY IS JUST A COMPLETE JOKE AND ONLY WANTS TO PROTECT SCAMMING SELLARS

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

So did you file an item not received claim before the 45 day limit . Did you escalate the claim before it closed by itself with no resolution?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

We have an item that has not showed up yet from China and the 20th of Nov will be day 45. If it does not show up by the 17th (day 42) we will contact the seller. No-matter the response we will open an item not received case on the 18th (day 43). Then if there is no resolution before the case closes we will escalate it and get our money back.

Of course if it does eventually show up we will repay the seller.

This is the only way to protect yourself and still be fair if it does show up.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

Yes I did and ebay has done nothing and says I am basically on my ow.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

So if you filed the complaint within 45 days, but did not escalate it, then the deadline passed and eBay/Paypal will not help.

BTW, the first step is contacting the seller, but if you don't get satisfaction within 48 hours, move to the dispute. And 'satisfaction' does not include a promise to send a replacement. It won't arrive either.

However.

Your next step is to go to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just a mediator) and call the 1-800 customer service number for a chargeback.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

RBC the credit card company I paid with wont do anything they just told me to deal with ebay, who wont do anything either

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

Since it has been five months since your purchase, it sounds as if the credit card's deadline for chargebacks has also passed.

While cards do have longer coverage periods, they still have a deadline.

You will just have to take this as a learning experience. Do not delay when problems arise. Do not spend too much time with a seller who is not refunding promptly. Use Confirmation of Delivery when returning items. Do not accept the promise of a replacement; refunds are faster and more reliable.

Sorry.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

Excuse me a learning experience I did everything I was supposed to and ebay is **bleep**ing me over. EBAY is o nly here to protect sellars and I am getting my 162 dollars back one way or another.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Bad sellar

Now that it's already too late to get help from eBay and PayPal, the only solution would be to leave Negative Feedback

Message 17 of 17
latest reply